Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: ~ How many simmers still have their very first screenshot? ~

Default ~ How many simmers still have their very first screenshot? ~

Here's mine, captured 15+ years ago in FS 2002. The freeware Saab 340, from files downloaded here at FlightSim, rises out of Capser, Wyoming.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Casper Mountain backdrop.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	200832

~ click on it ~

Feel welcome to post your first screenshot. It's fun to see how far our sims have come and how our capturing skills have increased.

Is life worth living?
    It all depends on your liver.

Somewhere on a CD........ Must have been in 2003. Our Good friend Rey Lopez, Laurie Doering and Tim Dowdy, Carlos flores, Dave, Captain Ashley, MacDainow, "Tower Geek" Chuck, some names that came up in my mind seeing your post. Man oh man, I still miss the late Rey Lopez... Your first pic looks MUCH better than my first ones.....
    Last edited by peer01; 01-03-2018 at 06:44 PM.

Lost all my FS98 stuff in a major disc crash some years back, but here is a shot of my maternal grandmother's first aircraft circa 1906.

Name:  GC_circa1906.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  111.8 KB
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by peer01 View Post
    Our Good friend Rey Lopez, Laurie Doering and Tim Dowdy, Carlos flores, Dave, Captain Ashley, MacDainow, "Tower Geek" Chuck, some names that came up in my mind seeing your post. Man oh man, I still miss the late Rey Lopez... Your first pic looks MUCH better than my first ones.....
    Rey was indeed one of those shining souls. I miss him as well, always helpful and positive. And Dave, that funster... where'd he go? "Tower Geek" Chuck, for sure... he even looked you up when he traveled from Cleveland to Amsterdam if memory is serving well, eh? And Carlos! Sure hope he's been okay in Venezuela. Then there's Leo "FlyingKiwi" who we watched grow up and earn his PPL years later. Remember Matthew? How about Erick! Am remembering them all, all good guys as well. Thanks for the noddle jogging.

Quote Originally Posted by NMLW View Post
    Lost all my FS98 stuff in a major disc crash some years back, but here is a shot of my maternal grandmother's first aircraft circa 1906.

Name:  GC_circa1906.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  111.8 KB
    Ha, cute photo, Larry! Am knowing the pain of computer failures. ~sigh~ We get much more disciplined afterwards. My first ss capture survives though.

Last edited by boxcar; 01-03-2018 at 11:08 PM. Reason: forgot to mention several other names
    Is life worth living?

I have no idea what my first screen shot is or where to find it but this video nicely recreates the experience.
    You'll want your speakers turned up, the audio is so realistic... -- Bob

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...CB38&FORM=VIRE

Ah yes... the early days. No one can take them from us. Here's my first flightsim, dig that approach (@ 1:45, to save you pain)...

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...E0&FORM=VRDGAR

​.
    Last edited by boxcar; 01-04-2018 at 11:05 AM.
    Is life worth living?

It has been a long time with many versions of the Flight Sim, plus a few computers, since I took my first screenshot and I would have say it is long gone.
    Last edited by lifejogger; 01-05-2018 at 12:20 AM.

It depends on sim but first ever was in fs95 but not sure where I have it..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Found a hard copy from possibly FS2002. Obviously Photoshopped.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan001.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	200847

And here's a shortcut to my first post here (04-22-2010):
    https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showt...post-(be-kind)

Nothing ever leaves the internet... watch what you post! -- Bob

Thanks John, Darren, and Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by peer01 View Post
    Your first pic looks MUCH better than my first ones.....
    Oh, that fs model was quite photogenic all on it's own, making it pretty easiy. The plane was a reasonable one for me to try, downloaded here at FlightSim back in 2002. It was only a mere 6Mb package or so. My internet was on "same-day-service" internet back then (dial-up), barely managing the tiniest fraction of what can be done today with high-speed. That tiny download size would take a . . l o n g . . t i m e . . The onboard graphics on my wee little hp computer only gave me but 11 Mb of video ram. What an eye opener it was to get my first real GPU, a small nVidia GeForce card, whoa!

One thing that has really changed here in the Screenshot Forum from a decade and a half ago is the turn speed of posts. When we first came here, Jan, there were many evenings that would see a fresh post fall off of the front page in less that 30 minutes of posting! Now it common to go to sleep to find the same post on top in the morning without having been commented on.
    ​.
    Is life worth living?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast