Accufeel on fsx steam

stusue

So I've been away from fsx for a while. Used to use the disc gold version and accufeel v1. Now I have fsx steam which is perfect and I bought accufeel v2 off the steam website. It was an annual install in that the whole took place from inside the steam app. After it was done I open fsx steam and got in a plane and opened accufeel and opened the settings menu but the settings menu was so big that I couldn't push the bottom buttons to save changes or leave settings. Because of that I was stuck in accufeel settings and couldn't use any other fsx too menu buttons. I was stuck and had to reset my computer. Tried it several times with some result. Did some looking around in folders and also don't see accufeel or a2a modules in fsx modules folder. Should I have gotten the program for a2a directly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

My system

MSI GE75 Raider

Intel Core i7 10750H CPU 32 GB Ram

2T SSD HD Geforce RTX 2080 Super

I have tried to locate files/entries regarding the window sizing in my install (not -SE but

Gold boxed version) which could be changed but couldn't find any. for reference, a default install of Accufeel goes into a folder called A2A and is located within the main FSX folder.

Two things to try:

Option 1 - The app opens in a standard windows explorer type windows and therefore can be resized. So, with the Accufeel window open click and HOLD the left mouse button down on a clear piece of space (i.e. not on any menu entry or slider/button) and drag the window up or down until you get an edge view. Then move/place the moue on the edge until it changes to the 'size edit' view - basically it looks like a double-headed arrow - and reduce the size. You may have to repeat this several times to be able to view the whole window. If possible, located a corner as you will be able to change both the height and width of the window at the same time.

Option 2 - When you first installed the app did you immediately start FSX or did you do a reboot of the PC. Sometimes it takes a reboot of the PC to fully write details of the new product into the OS registry so that it is properly recognised by any program that may use it. If the first suggestion was carried out you could try deleting Accufeel, reboot, reinstall Accufeel, reboot and then test.

Regards

Brian

Archived