FS9 LIRF ISD and LIRA area

mrcrocodile

Hi all, happy new year. Even if I joined this interesting website since 2010, I've never posted here in the forum.

I'm here to try to explain a problem I found recently and, if possible, to have some kind advice to try to solve it.

I had the idea to work on the ground surface of the LIRA (Ciampino) airport using ADE just to update the surface that changed a little bit during the last years.

Starting to prepare the textures and making some test over the Ciampino area to see how the work was going on, I discovered that in the south apron of the airport there is an area for which in some viewing angles the gppoly textures disappear.

I created the ground polygons using gppoly function of ADE.

Clipboard1.jpg

Clipboard2.jpg

As you can see only the gppoly textures disappeared, while the aprons created using the APRON function from ADE are not interested by the problem (the grey area behind the aircraft in the first picture and partially covered by the gppoly in the second picture).

Now making other investigations I discovered that the culprit seems to be the ISD LIRF scenery and in particular 7 bgl files related to the ground area of the Rome Fiumicino airport. Erasing those 7 files the problem disappeared (but LIRF airport becomes unusable obviously). Just to be sure that the problems could not depended on my FS9 installation I also made some tests using a standard installation of FS9 with no other scenery except for those installed by FS9, and adding only LIRF ISD and the LIRA scenery I'm working on. The problem is still there so I'm quite sure that the culprit is the above scenery and no other addon.

It seems as those bgl files, that should only be related to the Fiumicino airport area, spread over the region and reach Ciampino area

disturbing in some way the area of the airport I'm working on. Obviously using APRONS there are less possibility to personalize the ground textures.

Now my request for you is: do you know a way to understand why those bgl influence negatively ciampino airport area?

I tried to extract the mdl from those bgls using Model ConvertX but this thing create other transparency problem I'm not able to solve, even if the problem in Ciampino seems to disappear.

These are the files responsible for the problem

LIRF_erba.bgl

LIRF_ground.bgl

LIRF_rec.bgl

LIRF_rwy.bgl

LIRF_segnoriz.bgl

LIRF_toccate.bgl

LIRF_trame.bgl

I don't know if you could tell me something. But in any case thanks.

http://status.ivao.aero/244463.png

Archived