Re: Connecting a special set of Headphones

DHC120

Gents;

From the title, you should gather I'm interested in learning how to connect a special set of headphones..

I fly in FSX and exclusively the A2A B-17G Accu-Sim.

Now to my issue.. I have in my possession, my father's WWII Era Headphones when HE flew the real B-17's

(and B-24's, B-29's, etc.) What makes these headphones unique are the soft sheepskin "earmuffs" over the

'phones, themselves. (they are VERY comfortable to wear for long periods.

This headphone set "plugs-in" via a mono 1/4" Jack that was in common use during the era and on into

the '70's (on Stereo equipment)...

I'm looking for information on "how" I might use these 'phones in my flight sim.. I need to (somehow) get it to

connect to a USB Plug. The "catch" to the deal is: whatever I do MUST be reversible, to preserve their originality.

I'm also thinking about using the USAAF T-30-R "Throat Mike" (also "mono").. This unit has a PL-291 Two

Male Pin plug connection. It would also need reversible info on connecting it to my computer.

Any and All information would be gratefully received and appreciated. At a minimum, contact info to someone

who would know what/how to do what I'm seeking..

Thanks.

Charles.

Charles.

Just an FYI to those who read my post.. for which I thank you.. In searching various electronic websites, I have found a "selection" of connectors that will allow connecting BOTH the USAAF Headset and Throat Mic into a dual port (3.5mm Female) USB adaptor.. Too Easy!

Charles.

Charles.

Archived