Arm 1

HoratioWondersocks

Hello All

One of the many Glenn Copeland gauges that i use is called Arm 1. Its function is to arm spoilers and reverse thrust for a landing.

i am just wondering if this gauge is for two or four engined aircraft.

The reason i ask ? Because I have had a problem over the last few months with my Posky 747s .

On landing they always pull to the left ,and i can barely prevent them from leaving the runway.

i am just wondering if the Arm 1 gauge is only setting the reverse for two of the 747 engines on one side ,thus causing this left slewing motion.

i have to say on my other aircraft there are no problems ,and like many of Glenn's gauges its an extremely useful one.

i may try the default arming and f2 tapping method just to check ,but i like to use the gauge and would be interested in your views on this.

Cheers Andy

You need the arm_1_ud.zip, this is the updated version because the original only reversed one engine:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=99115

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi Socks! Reading through the README for the ARM1 gauge it describes in a couple of places when 2 engine nacelles display for whatever reason. I would guess that the gauge controls 2 engines only.

Hey tiger1962, looks like the gauge I downloaded from Flyawaysimulations is the same one as you gave a link to.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi Socks! Reading through the README for the ARM1 gauge it describes in a couple of places when 2 engine nacelles display for whatever reason. I would guess that the gauge controls 2 engines only.

Hey tiger1962, looks like the gauge I downloaded from Flyawaysimulations is the same one as you gave a link to.

Thanks Zip

A strange problem.

Have you tried arm1 with four engined planes.?

In my case it does just seem to be posky 747s that pull of to the left on landing.

Something just doesn't seem right with the Posky 747s at the moment ,I can't put my finger on it.

One thing I have noticed though when I disconnect the autopilot and autothrottle just before touchdown the light indicator on the autothrottle remains on even with switch in the off position.

Thanks Andrew

Andrew, MrZippy is right about two engines only - I've checked the gauge code and it only sets reverse thrust for twin engined jets. It can be edited to include four or more engines though, if you can open the ARM_1.cab file and then open the ARM_1.xml doc with Notepad or Notepad++:

Search for all occurrences of "THROTTLE1" and "THROTTLE2", change them to "THROTTLE" (delete the numbers 1 and 2) and then save the changes. This should now set any number of jet engines to reverse thrust.

Happy New year by the way guys!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Andrew, MrZippy is right about two engines only - I've checked the gauge code and it only sets reverse thrust for twin engined jets. It can be edited to include four or more engines though, if you can open the ARM_1.cab file and then open the ARM_1.xml doc with Notepad or Notepad++:

Search for all occurrences of "THROTTLE1" and "THROTTLE2", change them to "THROTTLE" (delete the numbers 1 and 2) and then save the changes. This should now set any number of jet engines to reverse thrust.

Ok Tim I will try your suggestion.

One thing though will this edit have any effect on my two engined aircraft that the gauge was originally intended for?

Surely it would have been better to have adopted your method (just THROTTLE) in the first place.

Anyway I will fiddle ,fly and let you know what occurs.

Thanks Andrew

Hello Tim

Just thought I would update you on how things are going.

I did as you suggested and edited the cab file .

I think? It has improved things regarding the Posky 747s and there tendancy to pull to the left after landing.

I will have to try more 747 flights to be absolutely sure that this really is the case and not just wishful thinking on my behalf.

Thanks for help

Andy

I did not look but Posky might have engine 0 and engine 1 on the right wing. That would do it.

Chuck B

Napamule

Edit: Nah, engine 0 and engine 1 are on the LEFT wing.

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived