Sightseeing in a Malibu Mirage (FSW)

Throttle_Up

Nice shots. What was the location of your flight? Jim

Thanks! I took off from Bowerman Airport (KHQM) in the Seattle area and flew over one of the nearby national parks. I think it was Olympic National Park. I think the first shot shows the Strait of Juan de Fuca. Somewhere near the town of Port Angeles.

Looks good! Great shots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz / Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler / G.Skill Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory / EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card / Corsair Professional 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply / Azza Hurrican 2000R ATX Full Tower Case

Oh cool, nice to hear from someone with a real world connection to my screenshots! Looks like a really nice part of the world!

I forgot to mention that Im actually using ReShade 3.1.0 in the sim. The reason being FSW has a very cartoony look to it and ReShade helps remove that. Although Im still working on configuring it a bit more.

What would be cool is to see screenshots of FSW's latest version *stock* along with the same scene/time of day/season while using your ReShade configuration, Throttle_Up..

That did cross my mind - after I'd uploaded the screenshots :(

I plan to do that later today and post configs. I'll also post my ReShade.ini for anyone to try. I'll tweak it the best I can to strip away the cartoon feel of stock FSW.

Now I remember you. That African screenshot post a half dozen years ago and your favorable comments about RR Dart engines. :cool: How time flies...

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?227166-HS780-Andover-Landing-into-jungle-strip-in-DR-Congo/page2

​.

Whoa, you got a good memory dude! Damn, where did the time go :confused:

Some nice shots from the cockpit of your Malibu Mirage. :cool: :cool: :)

Thanks! Its a good sim, still early days but I think its got a lot of promise.

I agree, those are great shots! My brother lives near Bremerton and I spent considerable time there this year. Your shots appear hugely correct.

Also I'd like to ask. Could you possibly do a few of us tight-assess a huge favor and include similar shots without FSW?

It would be much appreciated!! ;)

Rupert

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I agree, those are great shots! My brother lives near Bremerton and I spent considerable time there this year. Your shots appear hugely correct.

Also I'd like to ask. Could you possibly do a few of us tight-assess a huge favor and include similar shots without FSW?

It would be much appreciated!! ;)Rupert

You mean using another sim? Haha I will do that. Will post shots from FSXSE & XPlane 11. XP11 looks so good out of the box I dont even bother with addons. For FSXSE I use Orbx

Yes ORBX is what I use with FSX as well. What I'm hoping to see is shots of the same locations using different sims or/and scenery packages. So I can compare the quality of the scenery.

Being retired I am a lot more careful where and when I spend my cash than when I had a decent income! ;)

Thanks!!

Rupert

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived