Supporting Member Expiry

ColR1948

I got an email telling me my supporting Membership is about to expire and to renew via the site, plus it said if I don't I will lose my First Class Privileges.

I don't think I got any as a supporting member so that is why I became First Class Member, so what first class priviliges did I get as a supporting member?

Col.

I don't think I got any as a supporting member so that is why I became First Class Member, so what first class priviliges did I get as a supporting member?

Col.

This is what you get as a "Supporting Member".

* Displays a “Supporting Member” tag for others to see in the forums

* Allows you to create a personal photo album

* Offers a larger PM (personal message) folder

* Helps us offset the huge costs of running the site and paying for bandwidth

* Supports the long hours and hard work the people do everyday to bring you this site

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks Zippy,

So as a First Class Member do I still get all those plus the faster download speed?

I do as you see support the site but I seem to doubling up by having both.

Col

My guess would be that you get it all.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

..........plus it said if I don't I will lose my First Class Privileges.

Hi Col,

Merry Christmas to you........(and to you Charlie.......)

Reading the descriptions for both 'Member' types, they do seem to offer 'different' advantages....

First Class - faster and unlimited multiple downloads.

Supporting - offers a larger PM box and the ability to create a personal photo album.

However, it is worth noting that, although not mentioned in the First Class membership description, BOTH the larger PM and photo album are also included in the package.

Also worth noting is, although its been awhile since I upgraded to First Class but IIRC, standard membership only offers downloads at a limited slow speed and only 2 items can be downloaded simultaneously.

Hence the reference regarding the loss of First Class privileges. So, I think that if you let the Support membership lapse you won't loss anything from the IMO 'better' First Class membership package.

Regards

Brian

Hi Brian,

Merry Xmas to you too my friend.

Yes my thoughts exactly, I was going to let the Support go and just carry on with the First Class.

The reason I have two is I first thought the Support would let me download faster, then I realised it didn't so I then went for the First Class, that is why at the moment I'm showing the two.

Col.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all, especially Nels and all the Flightsim.com team - support them with whatever membership option suits YOU guys, Flightsim.com is all about YOU!

If you can't get one of the membership options BUT you've created something awesome, don't be shy - upload it to the library! It all counts in our book...

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Happy New Year FSCom! I got my notice and will update 'next year'. And if you loose your First Class memborship you also loose your name (handle). You will have to get a new one when you re-join. Not sure how Supporting Member works.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

A little light on the situation. The reminder for the "Supporting Membership" was

an error in the text and has been corrected. The First Class Membership is currently

the only membership that gives you unlimited download speed and access.

The Supporting Membership is primarily for people to support our operation but

are not interested in a First Class Membership. We need all the support we can get.

Also, Your never lose your username (handle) when your subscription expires.

I hope this help straighten out some of the confusion.

Happy Holidays to All!

Rick

Quote: 'Also, Your never lose your username (handle) when your subscription expires.'

Years ago I got 'banned' and my subscription lapsed. I could not use my old handle and had to get a new one because I was banned? (as opposed to sub being expired?). IOW am confused. I WAS 'napamule' but had to use 'napamule2' when I 're-applied'. Like I said, it was YEARS ago (I joined in 2001), so things might have changed by now. Sorry: I didn't mean to give out wrong info.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Well, Since we have had over millions registered users over the years,

(Yes, its true!) it has been necessary for us to occasionally prune the user database.

After 3-5 years of no activity, the username may be pruned to make it

a bit easier on the trusty old database. 8-)

I might add that we intentionally don't prune users if they have contributed content

(forum posts, blogs, comments, etc.) to the site.

Best!

Rick

Archived