Trouble with KLAX add on P3D scenery folder

Guest Simran737

Guest Simran737

Hi all,

So I downloaded Robert Catherall's KLAX files and he says to put one of the building files into the P3D Add-On folder, however, I can't find this Add On folder in the main P3D folder? I find under Scenery a folder called Global which he has me put another building file in.

Any ideas as to where this Add-On folder is in P3D?

Thanks

Randy

Hi all,

So I downloaded Robert Catherall's KLAX files and he says to put one of the building files into the P3D Add-On folder, however, I can't find this Add On folder in the main P3D folder? I find under Scenery a folder called Global which he has me put another building file in.

Any ideas as to where this Add-On folder is in P3D?

Thanks

Randy

He must be referring to a previous iteration of Prepar3d.

I suggest utmost caution installing non-compliant product into a later version. It will not be feature specific for v4, for example.

If you must then add the `Addon Scenery` folder to the main Prepar3D tree, alongside Autogen, Effects and the like.

OR add it outside the folder, anywhere you like and use the new file structure to keep such sceneries completely separate so when they screw up your system you can delete them far more easily. OR you could just follow the SDK and place the scenery into the `P3D v4 Add-ons` file which has been created for that purpose in the My Documents folder.

P3dv4.x no longer has ANY requirement to place such addons anywhere near the default folders and files.

Archived