CARENADO ArcherII - no panel

michaeljulian

I purchase the above aircraft from Just Flight and loaded it into FS 2004 (Windows10). Everything is fine except that there is no panel. I finish up just looking at an empty runway. The "S" key works normally and the "W" key brings up all the instruments but without a panel. the first "S" brings up the pilots view and partial panel correctly. The vendors have been very helpful and even offered a free alternative aircraft but I wish to get the Cherokee working. Can anybody help please?

Open the panel.cfg (in the aircraft's panel folder) and see what bmp it is calling. For example (from another Carenado aircraft):

[Window00]

file=panel.bmp

size_mm=1024,608

window_size_ratio=1.000

position=7

visible=1

ident=0

window_size= 1.000, 1.000

window_pos= 0.000, 0.000

There should be a panel.bmp in the panel folder (may be a different name for your aircraft); if so, right click it and select "preview", if it opens in the viewer and looks normal the problem is probably in the panel.cfg, it should be very similar to the above, especially "visible=1". If there is no bmp matching the name called, you are either missing the image or it is improperly named.

Are both panels, the 2D panel and the virtual cockpit missing? If you only miss the 2D panel: Carenado does not include 2D panels anymore - only VCs. That's (unfortunately) normal...

Sadly true. In some cases I've taken a nice 2D panel bmp from another aircraft of the same type to create a panel, or tweaked a screenshot of the VC to use (I prefer a 2D panel for landing).

And a few aircraft provide a 2D panel but it must be activated from a config menu if you wish to use it (such as the Digital Aviation D0-27).

Are both panels, the 2D panel and the virtual cockpit missing? If you only miss the 2D panel: Carenado does not include 2D panels anymore - only VCs. That's (unfortunately) normal...

Yea I found out the hard way about this a few years ago. It was the first and only Carenado plane I ever bought.

Archived