Downloading LARGE files from library

Timberleaf

How does anyone download any LARGE files from the file library? Such as 500,000,000mb; or 3,000,000,000gb? My download attempts are getting canceled.

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

"One woman's chop is another man's turbulence"

Yeah, that is funny. But, you know what I meant. There are files that are literally 3gb in size. I was tired when I posted this. It made sense to me, tired. But looking at it now, yeah... Downloading a 3gb sized file just isn't practical at the current rate. Hence... why I asked the question to begin with. Thanks to all.

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

"One woman's chop is another man's turbulence"

Yeah, that is funny. But, you know what I meant. There are files that are literally 3gb in size. I was tired when I posted this. It made sense to me, tired. But looking at it now, yeah... Downloading a 3gb sized file just isn't practical at the current rate. Hence... why I asked the question to begin with. Thanks to all.

I had a fair assumption of what you meant. 3GB file takes me about 2-3 minutes to download.;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Greetings all,

I had a fair assumption of what you meant. 3GB file takes me about 2-3 minutes to download.;)

Mr Zippy, I enviously hate folks like you... :rolleyes: On a good day I might hit 1 Mbps - usually 3/4 of that. Anyway, Timberleaf as JSkorna suggested, using a download manager will do wonders. I use Internet Download Manager, recommended by the Orbx team years ago, and it lets me download those huge 1GB+ files. Mind you, Prepar3D took 4 days.....:cool:

Respectfully, Brian

Archived