Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Old and new, fresh project flight simulator.

1. Default Old and new, fresh project flight simulator.

My first post to this community... Old, that's me. New, my latest idea, Fresh Project, Flight simulator in the making.

As a hobby, I create virtual stuff... Like a virtual organ... take a old broken organ, remove everything and build a new fresh virtual organ into that old cabinet. Time for something new...

My flight simulator in the planning phase... Soon I'll have questions to little hick-ups to overcome. Here is my blog link on the project and please share your ideas... specially if you have your sim on a motion platform to simulate pitch and roll.
    https://africansimpilot.blogspot.co....simulator.html
    I intend to carry on using FS9 on my simulator.

2. Default

How good are you with instrument flying? I like FS9, cause I can fly challenges like the following: Night Flight, night landings on water or runways with no lights. I like a challenge... Not bothered with super graphics.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FAPG Night.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	176.6 KB 
ID:	200479
    Here is a short video.

Please give me a challenge to fly! I fly in multi - screen mode and placed the cockpit instruments on the main screen for the video.

Check the libraries here under fs2004 Flights/Adventures, keyword "difficult", also "challenge". You'll find everything from landing during a hurricane to seeking tiny airports in the Himalayas at night.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jgf View Post
    Check the libraries here under fs2004 Flights/Adventures, keyword "difficult", also "challenge". You'll find everything from landing during a hurricane to seeking tiny airports in the Himalayas at night.
    Awesome! Will do just that now!
    I need a little help. My knowledge of complicated computer tasks is about at copy a:*.* c:\ from the days of Dos 6.2.
    I want to create our airfield on my FS9 but sadly my understanding of the published information is above my fireplace. I tried downloading things here and there and just got lost. Is there somewhere a monkey see monkey do tutorial to do this.
    I live in the small village of Ladismith rural part of the Western Cape of South Africa. We have a airstrip here and is only used fire the fire fighter pilots like the other day.
    Our airstrip is described as follows by another pilot.
    1000 meter gravel strip. Runway 12 and 30 with wind socks both ends. Runway 30 have a steep up-slope for the first 200 meters and not usable. Runway 12 is usable but not the first 100 meters.
    I'll include a Google earth screen print.

On FS9, our town is a few buildings and I have sort of bush bashing my Virtual Cessna 182 to land there and may I say, the buildings here, do look like that... How can I create this airfield in FS9, and at least improve my runway to asphalt. I suppose the slope... also visible on my screenshot could be a problem.

Thanks I would really appreciate.

Name:	Ladismith Airfield.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	426.5 KB 
ID:	200485

Name:	Ladismith on Sim.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	166.9 KB 
ID:	200486

5. Default

Found the India Challenge, Goa to Hubli-Dharwad, will fly it now in a C208 as one of the other members did. Thanks.
    The C208 a bit heavy, I did orbit befor the hole with a go-around, got in close over the edge... Crashed in the hole... I'll try it now with the Cessna 182. T/O at VAGO, 5000 ft.. speed up to X8 0r 16 to get to the hole and attempt VAHB again and if not make it, try again with a orbit in the hole! Very Good challenge! Thanks.
    Last edited by Sim Pilot; 12-17-2017 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Did the Flight Challenge.

6. Default

Awesome Challenge... I made it third time, 182S, just ran off the runway. I'm video capturing evaluating. Cessna 182, Stalling speed in landing config 35 KIAS... From the screenshot I was still too fast. I'll keep on trying and evaluating and video capture. I fly each time from VAGO. I'll post video when its perfect.

Name:	Screenshot Hole.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	244.4 KB 
ID:	200488

Have you had a look at the Freeware South African scenery from Aeroworx?

You might just find what you are looking for.
    We also using FS9 in our Shackleton and Impala sims, with modified Aeroworx scenery.
    Last edited by zswobbie1; 12-18-2017 at 03:13 AM.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Have you had a look at the Freeware South African scenery from Aeroworx?

You might just find what you are looking for.
    We also using FS9 in our Shackleton and Impala sims, with modified Aeroworx scenery.
    Thanks for that, I'll have a look.. I'm real happy with FS9 and the trick to get the graphics 50% sharper is just not to run it in "original" full screen, Just Alt and Enter and make the small screen big. Easy. From there I also undock. I never had any hick-ups and it runs smooth in XP, 7 and 10. As far as FSX ...or others... I just want to fly the plane and not sit at the airport watching people and vehicles.

The fault on Hubli VAHB was fun and I landed it 4 times good. After evaluating... Its a long enough runway, Looking at the analysis... its almost a regular landing and don't let the cliffs fool you. Approach angle is still 45 degrees from a altitude of 2200 ft to "0". I'll upload a video once my internet data is replenished. I couldn't find any other videos on youtube about that. Will do a page on my blog about it.
    Analysis... Watch the graph under the map.

Name:	Analysis VAHB.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	200491

BTW, if you would like an interesting, though not realistic, flight there is a scenery glitch in Arkansas that creates a 15,000 ft deep pit with a waterfall down one side; it is large enough to fly down and land in, and FS9 models the air density down there (makes a helicopter descent quite laborious). Start from Glenn Winchester airport (2AR6) and fly south for about 6 miles. I've seen screenshots of someone purporting to fly in, land, and fly back out in a 737 ...I've only made the trip in ultralights and helicopters.

10. Default

Here is the promised video! You sim flyers should like it. I made a tutorial video about this for my blog but will add here too. I explain tomorrow, but for now, most important guide, GPS, most important instrument: Turn Coordinator. Enjoy video, Flying out of hole and landing back in hole.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast