XP 11: Scenery - more accurate placement for roads w/houses, trees, buildings?

Timberleaf

I have seen YouTube videos of XP-11 wherein its scenery around roads and house / tree placement was apparently more accurate. Out-of-the-box house / tree placement is not quite there (i.e. highways with houses alongside).

I have also heard in forums that XP-11 can use add-on scenery to make this a much-improved experience. But, I have not seen where this "scenery" can be found. I understand that XP-11 uses "tiles". Is that what I need from the file libraries here?

Would someone please give me some guidance? I want to take XP-11 to the next level. I am new to XP-11 and simply don't know where to begin. I see its potential, and wish to make my experience with it better, too.

Thanks.

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

"One woman's chop is another man's turbulence"

I have seen YouTube videos of XP-11 wherein its scenery around roads and house / tree placement was apparently more accurate. Out-of-the-box house / tree placement is not quite there (i.e. highways with houses alongside).

I have also heard in forums that XP-11 can use add-on scenery to make this a much-improved experience. But, I have not seen where this "scenery" can be found. I understand that XP-11 uses "tiles". Is that what I need from the file libraries here?

Would someone please give me some guidance? I want to take XP-11 to the next level. I am new to XP-11 and simply don't know where to begin. I see its potential, and wish to make my experience with it better, too.

Thanks.

Apart from the thousands of X-Plane add-ons in the FlightSim.com file library, have a look over at Simheaven.com. Here you find plenty of OSM sceneries to enhance your X-Plane experience.

One thing I would definitely recommend installing, is the recently released HD Mesh 4. It makes a huge amount of difference:

http://www.alpilotx.net/gallery/

Let us know how you get on!

Have fun:D

Dominic

Archived