Flight saving with engines running READY for TO

beroun

Hi,

got this awesome Embraer 100 from Aeroproyeco (https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=192362). It has a great realistic panel and the aircraft handles well. But the engines starting and configuring the switches for TO is quite complex. I would like to save the flight fully configured with the engines running and ready to take off.

But whenever I save the flight as such, opening it reshuffles the switches in the overhead and fuel panels, so that the stating process needs to be followed again. That is OK, but perhaps there is a way to save the flight fully configured?

Thanks for any advise,

Peter

PS, this is a great plane for those who like to fly older aircraft. The AP is also awesome (old school).

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

I have the same issue with the Eaglesoft Citation X. I've tried saving a flight with the engines running and all systems on, ready for takeoff, just to sidestep the tedious startup routine; but it doesn't work, loading that save presents me with engines not running and a panel full of error lights and warning messages. It would be nice if the developers of such aircraft would, just for dolts like me, provide an "idiot switch" on the panel so I could hop in the cockpit, throw one switch, and be ready for takeoff (we could assume the copilot had already done the drudge work).

You might try this. Press 'Y' key to go into slew mode, Press 'Q' key to lift off vertically (slow), or Press 'F4' to lift off fast. Then press Keypad '5' key to stop climb. Press 'Y' key to go out of slew mode and you are off with full throttle. Worth a shot.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Yes, I am also using the Embraer manual to start the engines before each flight. Too much effort to remember which switch to switch and when.

On subject of slewing. Tried it and the engines were running but some essential switches (fuel and hydraulics) were off and the engines shut down. So will probably stick to the manual.

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

You might try this. Press 'Y' key to go into slew mode, Press 'Q' key to lift off vertically (slow), or Press 'F4' to lift off fast. Then press Keypad '5' key to stop climb. Press 'Y' key to go out of slew mode and you are off with full throttle. Worth a shot.

Chuck B

Napamule

Not sure that's an FAA-approved takeoff method

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:):) Yeah sure it is not. Actually this adds spice to FS and gets one closer to real flying. It is sometimes challenging to start the aircraft and flip all the switches so that the engines do not shut down. Some gauge designers put lot of IF function into the switch to make sure that the sequence is real. If not followed the engines stop or flame out. Aeroproyecto (not misspelled!) are the masters in this.

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Archived