Active Sky 2016 issues

nightowl56

Installed the program and computer shows both running however the weather program is not showing a connection with FSX note says "waiting for flight simulator" Can't find a place in the weather program to start the FSX (previous weather program had an icon to start the sim. What am I missing.

There is no start sim anything in AS2016. You just start FSX with its own icon. And if you have the proper simconnect version installed, FSX and AS2016 will automatically connect to each other.
http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Guest lavochkin
I spent a lot money on AS products and never could get them to work. Had thoughts of taking them to court, but never did. Good luck. I know someone else having the same problem.

I spent a lot money on AS products and never could get them to work. Had thoughts of taking them to court, but never did. Good luck. I know someone else having the same problem.

That's absurd, they have run well for thousands of people for years. I have every single program they have ever developed and all, except ASV6.5 which has been deprecated, have worked just fine on multiple operating systems and multiple computers. If you couldn't get them to work it was your fault or the fault of your computer software.

DJ

simconnect installed....still cant connect. When I start the AS2016 it shows "waiting on simulator" and inactive. Really cant figure this out.

Do you see this if you launch FSX before AS16? Do you see this after you launch AS16 and then FSX? There is no magic connection between the two until you launch them by hand, separately, and "as administrator" from the right click.

DJ

simconnect installed....still cant connect. When I start the AS2016 it shows "waiting on simulator" and inactive. Really cant figure this out.

Did you install the extra simconnect versions that come separately with FSX Steam that are not automatically installed?

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Archived