Thread: Logitech Panels

Default Logitech Panels

Hi all,
    I'm new to the forums, and I have a questions, not sure if it is in the right category though.

Anyway, my question involves both the Logitech Multi-Panel and the Logitech Switch Panel.

I got them today, and I have been trying to get them working for the whole day. I installed SPAD first, to no avail. then I tried SPAD Next, and that didn't work. Then I tried the Logitech drivers, and they also did nothing. They work fine in the test programs for each, but thats it. Also, the LED display does not work on my multi-panel. I tried running FSX, yet to no surprise the panels were still not working. Currently I still have the trial version of SPAD next installed and the logitech drivers at the same time.

Can anybody help please?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kt1578 View Post
    Currently I still have the trial version of SPAD next installed and the logitech drivers at the same time.
    BOTH installed at the same time will NOT WORK. I've never used anything except for the original latest Saitek driver before Logitech bought them out or original SPAD driver (Currently using Saitek drivers for the three Panels, BIP, and FIP's.)

EDIT: I just tried installing the latest Logitech Multi-panel 'test' software (Which you install once for all three panels). As you mentioned, the test panel software worked, but did not work when I started FSX. Then tried installing the FSX Plugin (Not necessary with Saitek for panels only), restarted FSX, said yes to the prompts and still did not work.

??? Possibly the Logitech driver may not work with the original Saitek Pro Flight panels OR Logitech lets you figure out how to "plug them in" to FSX yourself ???

So uninstalled BOTH and reinstalled the older Saitek driver...

Saitek_Pro_Flight_Panels_00000003_Software_pfw.exe

Restarted FSX, said yes to the prompts and it worked just fine. Just need to install once for the three Switch, Multi, Radio panels.

Also be aware that some of the panels (Multi-panel especially) won't work with some payware aircraft (Level-D 767 for one)
    Last edited by dogdish; 12-12-2017 at 01:21 PM.
    Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64gb 2666, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 NVMe 250Gb and 2Tb, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Logitech M570/K800 Wireless Trackball/Keyboard, Windows 7 64 Ultimate/10 Pro

@Dogdish: where did you get/find the Pro_Flight_Panels_00000003_Software_pfw.exe.
    I did have a look at the Saitek-site, but couldn't find it.
    Could you please provide me with a link to it?
    Regards,
    Hazet
    Netherlands

4. Default

I have it saved from when Saitek posted the drivers. It's a 40.74mb driver compared to the rather small Logitech drivers.

Googled and found it here...
    http://www.filewatcher.com/b/ftp/ftp...re/full-3.html
    Last edited by dogdish; 12-12-2017 at 12:35 PM.
    Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64gb 2666, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 NVMe 250Gb and 2Tb, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Logitech M570/K800 Wireless Trackball/Keyboard, Windows 7 64 Ultimate/10 Pro

5. Default

Having FSuipc installed as well is required. Registration of FSuipc is not needed. Free will do.
    I read that running the Spad software as Admin may help.
    Also, make sure the USB ports are set to never go to power saving mode.

Great, thanks!
    Hazet

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by il88pp View Post
    Having FSuipc installed as well is required. Registration of FSuipc is not needed. Free will do.
    I read that running the Spad software as Admin may help.
    Also, make sure the USB ports are set to never go to power saving mode.
    I have FSUIPC4 registered installed myself. I know Simconnect is required to stream the data from FSX to the panels, but it gets installed along with FSX anyways.

What driver are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Kt1578 View Post
    Can anybody help please?
    The most likely problem is that you do not have any of the drivers actually running. The Logitech or Saitek 'driver' is a program that needs to run alongside FSX. When it's installed there is supposed to be a line inserted into exe.xml to start it when FSX starts. You can also run it manually by double-clicking on it in the appropriate folder (wherever you installed it), so this is worth trying.

The same argument for SPAD - if it's not working, it's probably not running. You can tell if SPAD is running because you will have an icon for it in the Windows notification area (at the right-hand side of the taskbar).
    MarkH

Are you on Windows 10? You give no system info. If you are on Windows 10 there is a well known bug that Windows 10 turns off the power to these panels. There is a fix called "USBEnhancedPowerManagementDisabler". You can find info here:

http://uraster.com/en-us/products/us...rdisabler.aspx