Hi all,

I'm new to the forums, and I have a questions, not sure if it is in the right category though.

Anyway, my question involves both the Logitech Multi-Panel and the Logitech Switch Panel.

I got them today, and I have been trying to get them working for the whole day. I installed SPAD first, to no avail. then I tried SPAD Next, and that didn't work. Then I tried the Logitech drivers, and they also did nothing. They work fine in the test programs for each, but thats it. Also, the LED display does not work on my multi-panel. I tried running FSX, yet to no surprise the panels were still not working. Currently I still have the trial version of SPAD next installed and the logitech drivers at the same time.

Can anybody help please?

Currently I still have the trial version of SPAD next installed and the logitech drivers at the same time.

BOTH installed at the same time will NOT WORK. I've never used anything except for the original latest Saitek driver before Logitech bought them out or original SPAD driver (Currently using Saitek drivers for the three Panels, BIP, and FIP's.)

EDIT: I just tried installing the latest Logitech Multi-panel 'test' software (Which you install once for all three panels). As you mentioned, the test panel software worked, but did not work when I started FSX. Then tried installing the FSX Plugin (Not necessary with Saitek for panels only), restarted FSX, said yes to the prompts and still did not work.

??? Possibly the Logitech driver may not work with the original Saitek Pro Flight panels OR Logitech lets you figure out how to "plug them in" to FSX yourself ???

So uninstalled BOTH and reinstalled the older Saitek driver...

Saitek_Pro_Flight_Panels_00000003_Software_pfw.exe

Restarted FSX, said yes to the prompts and it worked just fine. Just need to install once for the three Switch, Multi, Radio panels.

Also be aware that some of the panels (Multi-panel especially) won't work with some payware aircraft (Level-D 767 for one)

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I have it saved from when Saitek posted the drivers. It's a 40.74mb driver compared to the rather small Logitech drivers.

Googled and found it here...

http://www.filewatcher.com/b/ftp/ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/full-3.html

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Having FSuipc installed as well is required. Registration of FSuipc is not needed. Free will do.

I read that running the Spad software as Admin may help.

Also, make sure the USB ports are set to never go to power saving mode.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Having FSuipc installed as well is required. Registration of FSuipc is not needed. Free will do.

I read that running the Spad software as Admin may help.

Also, make sure the USB ports are set to never go to power saving mode.

I have FSUIPC4 registered installed myself. I know Simconnect is required to stream the data from FSX to the panels, but it gets installed along with FSX anyways.

What driver are you using?

Can anybody help please?

The most likely problem is that you do not have any of the drivers actually running. The Logitech or Saitek 'driver' is a program that needs to run alongside FSX. When it's installed there is supposed to be a line inserted into exe.xml to start it when FSX starts. You can also run it manually by double-clicking on it in the appropriate folder (wherever you installed it), so this is worth trying.

The same argument for SPAD - if it's not working, it's probably not running. You can tell if SPAD is running because you will have an icon for it in the Windows notification area (at the right-hand side of the taskbar).

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

Archived