nVidia Inspector & GPU drivers problem FS9/FSX

The drivers for my GTX970 (Win7 x64) were quite old and since I was having a few issues, I let Windows Update install later ones (388.13). Problem is, FS9 (haven't checked FSX, I almost never use it) now looks, well, horrible, with no anti-aliasing as far as I can see. I installed the latest nVidia Inspector (2.13) and re-saved my FS9 profile, but no change.

Maybe nVidia Inspector doesn't work with these drivers? Has anyone else had problems like this? Is there a way to get nVidia Inspector to work with this driver - or is there a later driver (388.13 is not the latest) that anyone can recommend for FS9, which will work in nVidia Inspector? As it is, I can't fly FS9 while it looks like this! (My graphics settings in FS9 are unchanged, as recommended in nVI).

The PC in question also runs X-Plane 11, but that has its own graphics setup, and all is fine there (I don't have an nVidia Inspector profile for X-Plane).

Thanks for any help/recommendations.

Martin

EDIT: Installed 388.59 driver, re-created my nVidia Inspector profile and all seems well again. Nice crisp lines...

Yep, Windows updates can "scrap" our tweaks just like that...

Had the same bad surprise, a few days ago. A so called major update messed my GDU drivers

and flushed the FSX profile of NV Inspector, even changing the title from MS Flight Simulator X

to Microsoft Flight Simulator 10. Very very annoying when everything was fine on my dedicated

system for FSX... And like you did, tweak & tune (again) to get it back OK.

From now on, NO MORE Windows and/or NVidia updates on this system, NEVER !

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

I never used to let Windows updates run at all, as the results seemed to be more often bad than good. On the other hand, I guess you see the bad, but never notice the good. So I do run them now, but always choose which updates I install first. I will certainly not let it install drivers again. I never did in the past and am not sure why I did that time.

Archived