QW 757 Collection FSX Default GPS Not Working In Some Planes

cmaines04

Hello there! In regards to the QW 757 Collection in FSX: Steam Edition, the Default Garmin GPS Iv'e added into the game isn't showing up on some of the planes and is only showing the the original Window Title from when before I assigned it to the GPS, even though Iv'e already assigned it to the GPS. I've already reinstalled the addon and that hasn't worked, and I followed step by step how to add in the default gps using the script. Do I have to add in something extra for it to register? The FMC is too complicated for me to use, (and it's not working right) which is why I added in the Default GPS to add my flight plans to. Thanks for all your help. :D

FYI it works on some of the planes.

Cheers, Cameron.

Hello there! In regards to the QW 757 Collection in FSX: Steam Edition, the Default Garmin GPS Iv'e added into the game isn't showing up on some of the planes and is only showing the the original Window Title from when before I assigned it to the GPS, even though Iv'e already assigned it to the GPS. I've already reinstalled the addon and that hasn't worked, and I followed step by step how to add in the default gps using the script. Do I have to add in something extra for it to register? The FMC is too complicated for me to use, (and it's not working right) which is why I added in the Default GPS to add my flight plans to. Thanks for all your help. :D

FYI it works on some of the planes.

Cheers, Cameron.

I can’t help you with the GPS, but I noticed you said “the fmc is too complicated for me to use”. I too, have the QW 757, and I’ve never learned fmc’s in the past, but even I can program this one and it works just fine. Best thing about this, is I just load my ATC flightplan in and it’s ready to go. All I do after that is enter my cruise altitude, departure runway, etc.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

The problem is, the Flight Plan I create almost will never show up in the FMC. Maybe I'll try and reinstall and learn a tutorial to use it if that works. That was one of the main reasons I added the GPS. Thanks for the help.

This video helped me:

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Hi Cameron,

Have you added to ALL of the panel.cfg files that require it......

If you check in the folders for most of the models (which are spread over several folders) you will see four panel folders - two for a MAIN panel (standard and HD versions) and two for a RETRO panel (again for standard and HD versions).

To find which model uses which panel look at the panel = entry in each of the [fltsim.XX] entries within the relevant aircraft.cfg file.

Based on what you have said WRT to adding I think you have missed a step or two so here a quick and dirty guide in two simple steps

You need to add two entries for the gauge to display correctly - example is from my QW panel.cfg for the QualityWings 752 Passenger folder but is the same for all panel.cfg that require it.

Step 1 - Add an entry into the [Window Titles] section - new entry identified in RED

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

//

// QualityWings Ultimate 757 Collection

// Service Pack 3 - February 2014

[Window Titles]

Window00=Main Instrument Panel

Window01=Overhead Panel

Window02=Throttle Quadrant

Window03=Radio Stack

Window04=FMS CDU

Window05=EFIS Control Panel

Window06=EADI (Magnify)

Window07=EHSI (Magnify)

Window08=Upper EICAS (Magnify)

Window09=Lower EICAS (Magnify)

Window10=QualityWings Control Panel

Window11=Overhead Lighting Panel

Window12=Aileron/Rudder Trim Panel

Window13=Mini Panel

Window14=Checklist Panel

Window15=GPS Panel

Step 2 - Add the gauge details into the [WindowXX] section - new entry identified in RED.

//--------------------------------------------------------

[Window14]

Background_color=16,16,16

size_mm=475,827

position=8

visible=0

ident=5020

gauge00=QW757!Elec_Chklist,0,0,475,827

//-------------------------------------------------------

[Window15]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=456,378

position=8

visible=0

ident=GPS_PANEL

window_size= 0.500

no_luminous=1

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0

In my example I have simply added the gauge at the next available number and so it is only accessible via the FSX dropdown menu system. However, if you want to be able to access it using a SHIFT + number combo you must add it higher up the listing using the Window00= to Window08= range. Two methods can be used to achieve this.

For example if you want to use SHIFT + 3 to display the GPS window you would need to do the following - (NOTE Window00= is assigned to SHIFT + 1, Window=01 to SHIFT+2 and so on):

Method 1 - In the [Windows Title] section - Copy and paste the existing Window02= entry, placing the entry at the bottom of the list. Change the title of the Window02= entry to read GPS Panel and then change the copied entry from Window02= to Window15=

In the [WindowXX] section copy the [Window02] entry and paste it below the last entry. Rename the copied [Window02] to [Window15]. Copy the GPS text onto the original [Window02] entry overwriting the current entry.

Method 2 - In the [Windows Title] section insert a new entry for the new gauge where required and then renumber all of the remaining lower entries in sequence

In the [WindowXX] section add the new entry where required and then renumber the [WindowXX] numbers in sequence.

Regards

Brian

Hi Cameron,

Two points for consideration here........

First, on my install of the product (into FSX Gold) each model folder contains FOUR panel folders and,unless I am reading what you have said wrongly, it appears that you have only made changes to the panel.mainHD and panel.retroHD folders. There are (should be) TWO other folders - panel.main and panel.retro. Any model using these panels will not show the new gauge because the panel.cfg files have not been amended.

Which brings me onto the second point. I suspect that you have changed some of the textures to use the HD panel version using the QW757 configuration/repaint tool, hence only some of the planes showing the new gauge. On a default install the HD panel is not selected for any texture, you have to use the tool to add it to each INDIVIDUAL texture that you wish to use it on.

So two options are available to you to resolve the issue - edit the panel.cfg files located in the panel.main and panel.retro folders OR change each individual textures in the configuration tool.

It is also worth noting that you only need to change the panel.cfg files located in the QualityWings 752 Passenger and QualityWings 753 Passenger model folders as all of the other models use the 752 model's panel using the 'alias' method - i.e. the panel.cfg file points to the appropriate panel folder located in the 752 Passenger model folder.

Regards

Brian

Hi Cameron,

The differences between the two panel types are to do with the viewing ratio and is intend for use with different screen formats.........

panel.main and panel.retro are standard view (4:3 ratio)

panel.mainHD and panel.retroHD are Widescreen view (16:9 ratio)

Regards

Brian

Archived