Editing the "Select Aircraft " List

bmatt569

Hi All,

Is there a way to rearrange the "Select Aircraft" in FSX SE? I'd kinda like to group some of the aircraft by VA models rather than have them just mixed in with others.

Thanks

Bill Mattson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Airspeed, altitude and ideas, bad to run out of all three at the same time

How many VAs are we talking about? I was taking a look at my Aircraft Selection page and noticed that they seem to be placed alphabetically by Manufacturer. So depending on how many aircraft per VA and if they are all different Manufacturers like Boeing, Bombardier, Douglas, etc I would give each of the aircraft in the VA the same Manufacturer name and probably choose to make up a name that is unique. Don't know what can of worms you may open up doing this??

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Nope.

ui_manufacturer,

ui_type,

ui_variation (in that order).

[EDIT]

That last line is wrong. After sorting on ui_manufacturer and ui_type, the aircraft are displayed in the order of their [fltsim.xx] entries. Sorting on ui_variation never occurs.

[END EDIT]

For example ui_manufacturer=01_Boeing will lead the list.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

As long as you maintain your METHOD for organizing (so that it 'makes sense' to YOU so you can find when searching) FSX will allow you to 'sort' your airplanes any way you want. You can sort by: 'ui_manufacturer=VA_Boeing'. That will place all VA_XXX airplanes at the bottom (grouped). So you can have as above, and, '=VA_Airbus', etc. When searching you would go right to them.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Sort by VA?

I'm looking at boxed version but I have all sorts of descriptive 'group names' in the ui_type line; if you want only ABC VA Airlines to show up then select that group type (identified by "ui_type = ABC AV Airlines" line in the aircraft.cfg file).

Or did SE change this feature?

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

The 'ui_manufacturer=Boeing' and 'ui_type=737-800' and 'ui_variation=(Paint or Airline) is what is default for all airplanes. To group by 'type=ABC VA' would still leave it in the 'Boeing' category. So like I said, use 'manuf=VA_Boeing' or 'manuf=VA_Cessna' or 'manuf=VA_Lear', etc, etc, to group. Much easier to find.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived