Testing out my brand new Mercure

Mario Nriega's brand new, freeware Dassault Mercure simulation is simply astounding! Extremely detailed, in depth systems simulation, and yet easy to master. It has recently been released and it's available for download on HJG, for both FS9 and FSX (read announcement here). I've just taken it for a quick spin. Needless to say, high fidelity simulations are terrific, but I'm personally even more captivated and seduced when that high fidelity simulation replicates an exotic, rare and almost forgotten aircraft of the past. It gives you a rich and accurate insight into different kinds of aircraft designs, engineering and ways of thinking of that era, but ones which didn't ultimately succeed in establishing themselves on the market, so only a few precious airframes were ever produced, almost discreetly operated by one or few operators, hence ending up being largely forgotten. The Dassault Mercure, aka "the French 737"is one such vehicle. And this simulation is one such extraordinary piece of simulation expertly replicating the original.

Image 003.jpg

Image 005.jpg

Image 007.jpg

Image 010.jpg

Image 011.jpg

Image 012.jpg

Image 013.jpg

kk2Hq8Xj_o.jpg

Thanks fellas! This would not have been possible without the extraordinary skills of the authors and 2 and a half years of intense work on their part. And yes, HJG aircraft in general are among my favorite aircraft to fly, they're pretty darn accurate and detailed (varies by A/C type), full of variation (countless variants of each types being offered) and attention to details with respect to the unique characteristics of each variant in part, and then....I'm addicted to old jets. With the addition of this Mercure simulation to their flight line, they've added yet another jewel to their crown.
kk2Hq8Xj_o.jpg

Archived