Health Report for Roy Chaffin - Flightsimulator Contributor

familton

It is with deep sorrow I have to report of the deteriorating health condition of Roy Chaffin, my good friend.

Roy has been a great contributor to the Flight Simulator community. He has released packages for Combat Flight Simulator 2 and FS2002 all the way up to P3D

He has been suffering with Parkinson's Disease for some time. Three weeks ago Roy had a fall. He went to get up off a chair (one of those office chairs on wheels). It went one way, he went the other. He fell on his back with his head hitting the door jamb behind him and was not really with it.

Paramedics took him to a local hospital in an ambulance where he was x-rayed and they announced he had broken two vertebrae in his neck. They were unable to treat him and sent him to a major London hospital where spinal surgeons operated and inserted metal plates to support the neck. The good news is that the spinal chord was not breached and he is not paralyzed.

The surgeon said the operation was a complete success. He has gradually recovered from the operation although still very sore, stiff and weak from having to lay still for three weeks without sitting or standing.

He is being moved to a local private hospital where a regime of physiotherapy will begin - although he says he just wants a reasonable quality of life.

Roy is an Internationally acclaimed wildlife artist and is known for his unique style, combining photographic detail with an artistic portrayal. The results are dramatic, each animal painting seeming to acquire a living quality.

His paintings and limited edition prints are collected by people around the world.

You can view some of his work at http://www.roychaffin.com. You can click on the link http://www.roychaffin.com/rcs-panels.html to view his Flight Simulation addons.

He has worked with world famous Siegfried &Roy and Tippi Hedron's Shambala Preserve.

I hope your thoughts and prayers will be with him for his successful recovery, as I will.

Roy has authorized me to post this. Bob.

It is with deep sorrow I have to report of the deteriorating health condition of Roy Chaffin, my good friend.

Roy has been a great contributor to the Flight Simulator community. He has released packages for Combat Flight Simulator 2 and FS2002 all the way up to P3D

He has been suffering with Parkinson's Disease for some time. Three weeks ago Roy had a fall. He went to get up off a chair (one of those office chairs on wheels). It went one way, he went the other. He fell on his back with his head hitting the door jamb behind him and was not really with it.

Paramedics took him to a local hospital in an ambulance where he was x-rayed and they announced he had broken two vertebrae in his neck. They were unable to treat him and sent him to a major London hospital where spinal surgeons operated and inserted metal plates to support the neck. The good news is that the spinal chord was not breached and he is not paralyzed.

The surgeon said the operation was a complete success. He has gradually recovered from the operation although still very sore, stiff and weak from having to lay still for three weeks without sitting or standing.

He is being moved to a local private hospital where a regime of physiotherapy will begin - although he says he just wants a reasonable quality of life.

Roy is an Internationally acclaimed wildlife artist and is known for his unique style, combining photographic detail with an artistic portrayal. The results are dramatic, each animal painting seeming to acquire a living quality.

His paintings and limited edition prints are collected by people around the world.

You can view some of his work at http://www.roychaffin.com. You can click on the link http://www.roychaffin.com/rcs-panels.html to view his Flight Simulation addons.

He has worked with world famous Siegfried &Roy and Tippi Hedron's Shambala Preserve.

I hope your thoughts and prayers will be with him for his successful recovery, as I will.

Roy has authorized me to post this. Bob.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Roy.

May Allah Grant him a complete recovery.

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

Roy I hope that the surgery has turned out great. Love the B25 that you did from the first all the way to FSX. I love you animal paintings also and hope that you will be able to continue on for some years to come.

Bobr2

Ray, after all these years, conversing with you over emails, I had gotten to know you and have a great deal of respect for your talents. The wildlife paintings were always superb and really enjoyed getting the new Christmas cards each year. Especially liked the Yellow Rose B-25, beautiful. Always looked forward to your adventures "on the continent" and your vacations roaring around in your super car! Prayers are coming your way, and hoping for a speedy and full recovery. Keep the spirit, Ray, Don Harris

Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC

8 GB Ripjaws X Series MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 Viewsonic 27" monito

Antec 750 Bronze power supply Fsx on 'Raptor drive<br>Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive 2 Storage HD

I have an update on Roy's condition.

Roy's wife has been very moved and proud of all the comments the

flight sim community have made. She passed them on to Roy and he

says a big thank you to everyone who is rooting for him.

Roy is making progress - he was helped to a chair today and was able to

sit for over an hour without pain. A big step forward.

He will be moved to another facility called a Rehab Centre when he is

fit enough. His wife has been told he might have to be there for 6 weeks

before he can come home, but hopefully would be able to do so sooner.

Thanks for all your kind comments, Bob.

What wonderful news!!!!

Sadly I've never had direct communication with Roy. But I, and probably thousands of others who areen't even aware of the source, am truly blessed to be able to enjoy the beautiful work Roy has done for all of us!!

I'm praying for you Roy!!

Rupert

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

• 3 weeks later...

Just became aware of Roy's situation. For years I have received his Christmas card & realized that I didn't get one this year. Did a search on the net to discover his situation. Glad to hear that Roy's health issue is improving. Prays are that the recovery is swift and complete.

Have always enjoyed the Christmas cards along with the work he did on the MAAM DC-3.

Prayers & blessings to both Roy & Diane.

Hugh Urquhart (Captain Analog)

Here is an update directly from Roy:

"Roy's Progress Report,

9th Nov - neck broken

13th Nov - neck surgically rebuilt

15th Dec - moved from hospital to rehabilitation centre

27th Dec - Now I am restricted to lying on my back in bed all day. I can sit for only two hours each day because my neck cannot yet support my head any longer than that. My neck and my hands are very painful.

All of the above needs massive doses of painkillers. Currently my hands do not work properly. I hope to progress more in the New Year

I wish you all a Happy New Year

Roy"

He really thanks all that have posted on this thread. Bob.

Archived