Need help getting tile proxy to run under windows 10

I find no references anywhere as to whether tile proxy will even work under windows 10 & steam fsx, so I hope I'm not wasting my time.

If it has already been proved that tile proxy does not work under windows 10 & steam fsx, is there an alternative to getting high res ortho photography?

Unsigned driver verification is disabled on startup

I am running the FSX steam version under windows 10 home

Processor is a 4.3ghz i7 & GeForce 1080 video card with 8gb video ram & 16gb cpu ram.

I receive this series of error messages when starting tile proxy:

proxyUser: Volume listing failed with error: 0x80070005

proxyUser: making sure SuperFetch service is not running

proxyUser: Connecting to the filter

proxyUser: ERROR connecting to filter port: 0x80070002

Thanks,

Dave

Here is a copy of my ProxyUser.ini file:

[TileProxy]

master_enable=On

logfile="C:\logfile.txt"

diskless_mode=Off

offline_mode=No

max_lod=17

preload_min_lod=9

preload_max_lod=17

max_contexts=512

water_mask=On

water_blending=On

blend_distance=100.0

blend_exponent=1.0

alpha_min=0.2678

alpha_max=0.7

water_rgb=#000D1A

water_smoothing=Off

water_threshold=0.33

cache_bytes_limit=0

cache_tiles_limit=0

source=Service Example 1

menu_sources="Service Example 1|Service Example 3|Service Example 4"

enable_hooking=No

enable_dx9hook=No

enable_movingmap=No

movingmap_alpha=255

movingmap_color=#ff000000

movingmap_xpos=88

movingmap_ypos=15

movingmap_width=60

movingmap_height=80

movingmap_radius=60

[Acme Globe Service]

cache_folder=D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\cache.acme

network_module=libnettile

module_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://server*.acmeglobe.com|path=/terraintile?pos=%s&v=%v|quad=ABCD|balance=0123|agent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; The TileProxy Project)"

captcha_module=captchaform

captcha_config="cookiedomain=acmeglobe.com|cookieurl=http://www.acmeglobe.com"

min_level=9

max_level=17

map_version=1

color_hack=No

color_level=0

bulk_extend=25

[service Example 1]

cache_folder=D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\cache.service1

module_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://a*.ortho.tiles.virtualearth.net|path=/tiles/a%s.jpeg?g=%v|quad=0123|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

min_level=9

max_level=19

map_version=5423

level_mapping=9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19

#level_mapping=9,10,11,12,14,14,15,16,17,18,19 more radius HQ (13->14)

#level_mapping=9,10,11,14,14,14,15,16,17,18,19 even more radius in HQ (12,13->14)

color_hack=Yes

color_level=13

bulk_extend=50

[service Example 3]

cache_folder=D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\cache.service3

module_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://us.maps3.yimg.com|path=/aerial.maps.yimg.com/img?x=%x&y=%y&z=%z&v=%v&t=a|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

min_level=5

max_level=19

map_version=1.9

color_hack=No

color_level=0

bulk_extend=50

[service Example 4]

cache_folder=D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\cache.service4

module_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://mapcache*.ask.com|path=/sat/%Z/%X/%Y?partner=|balance=1234|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"

min_level=5

max_level=19

map_version=1

color_hack=Yes

color_level=12

bulk_extend=50

After reading of all the difficulties with win7 and the unsigned driver issues, when I moved from XP to Win7 I also moved to FS Earthtiles as my photoscenery application. The end result is visually the same but the scenery is made (easily on a photo-map interface) without any connection to any flight sim; it is placed in a scenery folder and activated the same as any other scenery when completed. All the imagery is contained in .bgl files at a single final resolution. Use google to find some commentary and sample .ini files ( like TP). I use it with FSX and P3D (in W7 and W10). I have FSX SE also and cannot imagine that it wouldn't also be compatible with it also; I actually reference both of my active sims to the SAME physical copy of photoscenery.

Loyd

edit: good to know that it's working for you on 10 and SE!

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Got it working - Had to disable user account control & reboot several times - works great!

Hi Dave,

The actions you carried out to get it working point to a number of things.......

0x80070005 errors are normally a result of access permission issues, either caused by insufficient Admin rights or, more common, by issues caused by failing to perform a reboot immediately after installing a product that needs such action to complete the install process (i.e. such as writing/validating data into the registry).

0x80070002 errors are usually associated with the Win update process and can indicate an missing or incomplete update, be it due to an interrupted download or because a certain update requires the presence of another update.. The update processing in Win 10 usually gets it right but can, on occasions, attempt to install an update without processing another required update file first. This is the reason why Win 10 may restart several times when installing updates.

You will probably find that you can re-enable UAC, if you haven't already done so, and it will work fine

Regards

Brian

After reading of all the difficulties with win7 and the unsigned driver issues, when I moved from XP to Win7 I also moved to FS Earthtiles as my photoscenery application. The end result is visually the same but the scenery is made (easily on a photo-map interface) without any connection to any flight sim; it is placed in a scenery folder and activated the same as any other scenery when completed. All the imagery is contained in .bgl files at a single final resolution. Use google to find some commentary and sample .ini files ( like TP). I use it with FSX and P3D (in W7 and W10). I have FSX SE also and cannot imagine that it wouldn't also be compatible with it also; I actually reference both of my active sims to the SAME physical copy of photoscenery.

Loyd

edit: good to know that it's working for you on 10 and SE!

I’ve read, reread and re reread the instructions for Earthtiles, and to me, it seems as complicated as writing a computer program. And that’s just for a small square foot of area..

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I got exactly the same error message.

proxyUser: Volume listing failed with error: 0x80070005

proxyUser: making sure SuperFetch service is not running

proxyUser: Connecting to the filter

proxyUser: ERROR connecting to filter port: 0x80070002

I am running Windows 10. If you have encountered this problem and know how to resolve it, could you please repost it, step by step?

Thank you very much,

RMaple

PS. I followed the steps here but it didn't help http://rele.me.uk/flight-simulation/tileproxy/tileproxy-installation

Archived