Level-D 767: 2 questions

Qballbandit

Good evening,

I was a user of 767Pic, then Level-D 767-300 since they both arrived on the scene. Logged many hours on that great bunch of planes.

Back in late 2011, the computer I had FS on took a hit, and was very unstable from there on. In late 2015, I was able to extract most of my FS collection, and reinstalled FS9 and that collection on my current rig. Just this last Friday, I was able to get the Level-D stuff off that old hard drive, and re-installed it on the current rig.

What I can't get working is all my repaints, as they get initialization failures when selecting my original saved flights. Does anyone know how to get the install to recognize them, or is it a must to go re-download them, and have the repaint installer go through the motions to install them again? Hope not the later :p

Second question - somewhere back then, I had an add-on (or a tweak?) to shorten the autopilot disconnect warning sound when hitting the disconnect switch, followed by immediately resetting. The default sound seems to need to finish the entire sound, but the add-on/tweak cancels the warning beep instantly on the switch reset, which is prototypical.

Thanks very much for any information provided, it's very much appreciated. :)

Neil :cool:

Hello David,

Thanks for your reply. Just this morning, coincidentally, I re-copied the aircraft.cfg file over to the current set up, and the initialization failures are resolved. I thought I had done that originally, but I must have missed that step.

I do wish I could find the edit for the autopilot disconnect though. :)

If the entire wav file must play before the next step, it's quite easy to edit that file to shorten it. There are numerous freeware and demo wav editors around; load the wav file, you should see a graphic representation of it. Play the file and you will see a moving indicator as it plays, note its position where you would like to end the playback, place the cursor there, left click and drag all the way to the right, that part of the file should be highlighted now. Hit delete and you should see the file shorten immediately, play it again to see if that is what you want; if so, save the file and you're done. If not, CNTRL+Z will undo the delete and you can try again.

Thanks jgf,

I am somewhat familiar with doing just that. I've done that for some of my MSTS sound files in the past.

I am not looking to "chop" the file though, more so looking for it to be responsive to the speed of me hitting the disconnect reset button. That was the effect with whatever it is I am looking for now.

Archived