FSX - ATC Aircraft Call Sign

AFS3

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered a million times already, but....how (if possible) can I get "Alaska" to show up in the ATC Aircraft Call Sign drop-down so that ATC communications address the flight by the airline name -- same as it does with the default "World Travel" or "Orbit," etc.

I compared the aircraft config files between the default 737 and this downloaded Alaska Air Cargo 737 and I don't know why the others show up but not Alaska.

Thank you.

AircraftCallSign.png

Hi,

Welcome to the forum......

You need to get and install a program called Edit Voice Pack - see HERE.

The landing page gives details of what it is and then if you click on the Try and Buy tab you will see several options. Note that the current version -EditVoicePack X - is payware but there are older versions available as freeware which are listed at the bottom of the page.

The main difference between the payware and freeware versions are that the payware version is automatically updated with new community made voice packs every now and then whilst the freeware version needs to be update manually - a very easy process to do........

You can find loads of new voice pack sets here at FlightSim and other FS related sites such as AVSIM

Regards

Brian

+1 for Editvoicepack. As a simple test, before installing this software, go to your Main FSX folder, find the Airlines.cfg, open it with Notepad and add Alaska to the file in the appropriate place alphabetically and save it. Now in the "Details" section you should be able to choose Alaska as a callsign. Just not sure if FSX has the gumption to say it!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi,

The landing page gives details of what it is and then if you click on the Try and Buy tab you will see several options. Note that the current version -EditVoicePack X - is payware but there are older versions available as freeware which are listed at the bottom of the page.

The main difference between the payware and freeware versions are that the payware version is automatically updated with new community made voice packs every now and then whilst the freeware version needs to be update manually - a very easy process to do........

You can find loads of new voice pack sets here at FlightSim and other FS related sites such as AVSIM

Thank you again! I didn't want to give up; I found a tutorial on YouTube that stepped through the process, and yes, as you said, it was easy - I just needed to know what to do. So I was able to find two different sound profiles, one for "Alaska Airline" and another for "Challenger Air Cargo"; The alaska airline sound file was simply "Alaska" and I (dare I say it!!) "simply" chopped off "challenger" from the second sound byte so that the combined new file came out as Alaska Air Cargo.

What confused me at first was the link in EditVoicePack to update voice pack and I thought that meant update the older version with the newer version. I didn't realize it meant update FSX ATC with the ATC datafiles contained in EditVoicePack!

So success -- I can now pick any of thousands of airline call signs (70 thousand plus - oh well...) and change the flight number and FSX now calls me by that new call sign.

Many thanks! Now -- if I can just get GPWS to work....but I'll save that for a later day...

+1 for Editvoicepack. As a simple test, before installing this software, go to your Main FSX folder, find the Airlines.cfg, open it with Notepad and add Alaska to the file in the appropriate place alphabetically and save it. Now in the "Details" section you should be able to choose Alaska as a callsign. Just not sure if FSX has the gumption to say it!

Thanks. I tried that and it didn't work, but, as I just posted in response to LongBreak754 (Brian), I found a tutorial and successfully updated FSX with updated ATC call signs. Thanks for your reply.

Hi,

:D Now if I can just land in Juneau without crashing!

AircraftCallSignUpdated.jpg

For good callouts, use call_v1.zip from the flightsim.com library. Made by Stephan Liebe if I recall correctly.

Do read the included Readme.txt file.

And the lines you need to add to the [Window00] section, add those to the [Vcockpit00] section as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived