What is a good, middle of the road graphics card?

Guest Simran737

Guest Simran737

Hi,

I have P3D v4 with Wind 10 and want to know whats a good, middle of the road cost wise graphic card to use. The one I have now is the low end of good (not sure which kind) but even being a basic card, the P3D plays smooth.

Thanks

Guest Simran737

Hi,

Here is my early set up at this point. I can get my graphics card info if you need that also but I know its like a 1 on the graphics card scales. I am running P3D v4, so if there is one area other than the graphics card where I should go higher, let me know.

Windows Pro 10

AMD Phenom 11 x4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz

Ram 8 GB

System 64 bit

I am using an old Nvidia EVGA 970 with 6GB on board. I think that is consider "old" by today's standards. But with my trusty Intel i7-2600k at 4.6GHz., I am getting amazing performance. If you can OC your AMD to over 4GHz and find a nice used board (or new depending on your budget), you can have a decent system to fly with. Next I would double your RAM to 16GB.

Hi,

Here is my early set up at this point. I can get my graphics card info if you need that also but I know its like a 1 on the graphics card scales. I am running P3D v4, so if there is one area other than the graphics card where I should go higher, let me know.

Windows Pro 10

AMD Phenom 11 x4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz

Ram 8 GB

System 62 bit

Yes, we need your current graphic card info. We also need the details for your mobo.

What is System 62 bit?

If its 32 bit, forget about P3dv4. If it's 64-bit, then provide correct info, including the power supply that was asked about previously.

Guest Simran737

Hi,

Yes its 64 bit. typo there. I will have to check the power supply when I open the PC. I think its 500 watt. PC was made for another person so I am not sure about power and I have not opened up the PC in a while. Yes I have to get more ram. I know my card is 1 GB so I have to go up on that.

Thanks

If it's a 500w power supply you can forget about the newer generation of cards. Most have a requirement for at least two 6-pin plugs and your PS won't have a dual-rail supply for the GC. Even a GTX1060 draws about 120 watts.

It would also suggest that your mobo is likely of a far older generation, and will be limited on total RAM capacity. 16 gig is optimum at this point.

If you supply the information we can comment further but at this point I can't see we can recommend P3Dv4.

Archived