Out of Gas...

miatamariner

or should I re-phrase that and say "fuel", and this is while I am doing a pre-flight check list. I checked the fuel and payload box and it shows 0 % and gallons for all tanks. Oh, the AC is the default A321. Checked my aircraft cfg folder and this is what it shows for "Fuel". Any ideas why I'm still out of fuel?

[fuel]

Center1 = -4.0, 0.0, 0.0, 2150, 0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)

LeftMain = -6.4, -16.8, 0.0, 2040, 0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)

RightMain = -6.4, 16.8 0.0, 2040, 0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)

LeftAux = -15.2, -37.6, 2.0, 780, 0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)

RightAux = -15.2, 37.6, 2.0, 780, 0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)

fuel_type = 2 //Fuel type: 1 = Avgas, 2 = JetA

number_of_tank_selectors = 1

electric_pump=1

fuel_dump_rate = 0.0167 //Percent of max quantity per second, i.e. about 1 minute for full fuel

I would be willing to wager that your default flight was saved off with 0 fuel remaining. Either that, or it's a glider. They generally don't carry much fuel, after all.

That may be why the plane loads in with 0% fuel aboard.

Have you tried resetting your default flight to the original, FSX default Default Flight, if you see what I mean. The trike over Friday Harbour? Worth a try, anyway.

Of course, Zippy is right. You can adjust the amounts to what suits you.

Hope this helps.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

or should I re-phrase that and say "fuel", and this is while I am doing a pre-flight check list. I checked the fuel and payload box and it shows 0% and gallons for all tanks. Oh, the aircraft is the default A321. Checked my aircraft cfg folder and this is what it shows for "Fuel". Any ideas why I'm still out of fuel?

[fuel]

Center1 = -4.0, 0.0, 0.0, 2150, 0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)

LeftMain = -6.4, -16.8, 0.0, 2040, 0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)

RightMain = -6.4, 16.8 0.0, 2040, 0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)

LeftAux = -15.2, -37.6, 2.0, 780, 0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)

RightAux = -15.2, 37.6, 2.0, 780, 0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)

fuel_type = 2 //Fuel type: 1 = Avgas, 2 = JetA

number_of_tank_selectors = 1

electric_pump=1

fuel_dump_rate = 0.0167 //Percent of max quantity per second, i.e. about 1 minute for full fuel

No idea why you quote those numbers? They indicate the realtive location and capacity of the fule tanks NOT the contents or quantity.

To put fuel in the aircraft you... put fuel in the aircraft.

If you `inherit` a saved flight with zero fuel then you put fuel in the aircraft.

If you inherit a flight with no fuel in the aircraft and you don't wish to do so in future you put fuel in the aircraft, then SAVE the flight.

Hopefully this observation is not sidetracking the thread but whatever happened with the message Ctrl+x showing intermittently as the fuel reserves got closer to empty? I haven't seen that sucker in years now. In fact, when was it supposed to work exactly? Long ago it uses to add about 25% fuel while pressing the key combination once. Now it doesn't.

Cheers,

I would be willing to wager that your default flight was saved off with 0 fuel remaining. Either that, or it's a glider. They generally don't carry much fuel, after all.

That may be why the plane loads in with 0% fuel aboard.

Have you tried resetting your default flight to the original, FSX default Default Flight, if you see what I mean. The trike over Friday Harbour? Worth a try, anyway.

Ah yes. The solution. Must have saved the Trike somewhere along the way probably with enough fuel to run a lawnmower for 5 minutes. I adjusted the fuel quantity in the A321 and saved it as the default flight. No more screaming passengers.

Ah yes. The solution. Must have saved the Trike somewhere along the way probably with enough fuel to run a lawnmower for 5 minutes. I adjusted the fuel quantity in the A321 and saved it as the default flight. No more screaming passengers.

Ah, yes! Zippy, now fully stuffed full of turkey and trimmings(leftovers tonight!) Is having a psychic vision.....miatamariner will now ask....why the radios and A/P don't work? Did he save that new deafult flight with the Avionics switch on??;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Ah, yes! Zippy, now fully stuffed full of turkey and trimmings(leftovers tonight!) Is having a psychic vision.....miatamariner will now ask....why the radios and A/P don't work? Did he save that new deafult flight with the Avionics switch on??;)

That's why the passengers are still screaming!

Archived