Cockpit view

peter46

Hi. New to X-Plane, from FSX. I like to fly from the 2D cockpit. My problem is that, to get the eyepoint far enough back to see the whole panel, I end up behind the pilot's seat, looking at a black seat-back. There must be a way to remove this?

• 5 months later...

FOV is not the answer you are looking for, because all it does is zoom in and out. The problem with this is that everything, both inside and outside of the airplane, is zoomed. What you (and I previously)want is the equivalent of moving the pilot seat forward and back. This is done in FSX by using Control-enter, and in X Plane by using the comma and period keys. This invokes an effect on the view like moving the seat forward and back.

But - it does not actually move the seat, and so you can end up enjoying the view from the jump seat!

Don't worry - we have to turn our heads to see the entire cockpit when flying the real ones! And using the number keypad for views we can set up quick glances in any direction we want.

When I was actually flying (as opposed to letting Otto do it) I just looked straight ahead unless I needed to look other than at the instruments, in which case a quick turn of the head did the trick.

Tony Vallillo

Archived