New firefox issue?

I recently had the Firefox 57.0 update & have not experienced any problems with logins & passwords, but you could try going into Firefox Options-Privacy & Security & making sure that you have selected "Remember logins and passwords for web sites", you can check what logins you have saved by clicking on "Saved Logins".

I updated yesterday and wished I hadn't, I hate the new 57.0 I liked the old version a lot better.

I did a Google search and it seems a lot more people don't like it as well so I'm not alone, I found a link to put the earlier version back.

Mozilla say the new 57 has some security things added that 56 hasn't got, why can't you just download those and keep the old version instaed of having this new one, which it seems a lot hate.

As for it saving my passwords I guess I'm lucky because mine are still there, but I will be rolling back later, and if that fails I will be looking for another browser, that is plain and simple if there is one that is.

I know this isn't related to FS but I decided to subscribe to Netflix after my other streaming site closed down.

When I tried to watch anything on Netflix it wouldn't play, came up with a message saying Firefox was causing the problem, so I tried it on Chrome.

It opened straight away and played on full screen and no buffering, I've been watching a few series on my old site but it I must say it is much better with Netflix and Chrome and up to date as well.

I know this isn't related to FS but I decided to subscribe to Netflix after my other streaming site closed down.

When I tried to watch anything on Netflix it wouldn't play, came up with a message saying Firefox was causing the problem, so I tried it on Chrome.

It opened straight away and played on full screen and no buffering, I've been watching a few series on my old site but it I must say it is much better with Netflix and Chrome and up to date as well.

You should never store your passwords in a browser. I have written a way to use passwords at my forum here: https://techcomputerforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=504&p=13388

If you have any questions, ask.

As far as resetting of your passwords all in one go, I'm afraid your SOL.

BTW, Lastpass stores your passwords in the "cloud" which was hacked not once but twice. Never, EVER trust the "cloud."

by using the browser plugins or mobile apps, you're exposing your data to another potential security weakness. For more information, look at: https://www.networkworld.com/article/3183675/security/stop-using-password-manager-browser-extensions.html.

The addon is just to interact with the physical Keepass database on your computer. It's not like Laspass, and your link proves just how flawed Lastpass is, besides being hacked. Never EVER trust the cloud.

Archived