Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New firefox issue?

1. Default New firefox issue?

So, since FF recently updated, i've found all my saved passwords have been completely erased :/ I didn't write them down, so now I'm having to reset every password is there a better way? Why can't FF save my passwords?

2. Default

I recently had the Firefox 57.0 update & have not experienced any problems with logins & passwords, but you could try going into Firefox Options-Privacy & Security & making sure that you have selected "Remember logins and passwords for web sites", you can check what logins you have saved by clicking on "Saved Logins".

Quote Originally Posted by hairforceone View Post
    I didn't write them down, so now I'm having to reset every password is there a better way?
    Try LastPass: https://www.lastpass.com/. The free version is all most people need and it integrates well with the new version of Firefox. Much better than the built-in password manager.

I updated yesterday and wished I hadn't, I hate the new 57.0 I liked the old version a lot better.
    I did a Google search and it seems a lot more people don't like it as well so I'm not alone, I found a link to put the earlier version back.
    Mozilla say the new 57 has some security things added that 56 hasn't got, why can't you just download those and keep the old version instaed of having this new one, which it seems a lot hate.

As for it saving my passwords I guess I'm lucky because mine are still there, but I will be rolling back later, and if that fails I will be looking for another browser, that is plain and simple if there is one that is.

Quote Originally Posted by ColR1948 View Post
    I updated yesterday and wished I hadn't, I hate the new 57.0 I liked the old version a lot better.

Mozilla say the new 57 has some security things added that 56 hasn't got, why can't you just download those and keep the old version instaed of having this new one, which it seems a lot hate.
    What is it about FF 57 that you don't like? One of its biggest selling points for me is that it's much faster loading pages than the earlier versions. It took a little while to get used to it and set it up as I wanted but I much prefer it now.

Love my Chrome.

@lesh,
    Each to his own mate, it might be my imagination but I didn't find it any faster, in fact a lot of times it seemed slower.
    Any way I got rid of it and put the older version back on.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lesh View Post
    What is it about FF 57 that you don't like? One of its biggest selling points for me is that it's much faster loading pages than the earlier versions. It took a little while to get used to it and set it up as I wanted but I much prefer it now.
    +1

I know this isn't related to FS but I decided to subscribe to Netflix after my other streaming site closed down.
    When I tried to watch anything on Netflix it wouldn't play, came up with a message saying Firefox was causing the problem, so I tried it on Chrome.
    It opened straight away and played on full screen and no buffering, I've been watching a few series on my old site but it I must say it is much better with Netflix and Chrome and up to date as well.

I know this isn't related to FS but I decided to subscribe to Netflix after my other streaming site closed down.
    When I tried to watch anything on Netflix it wouldn't play, came up with a message saying Firefox was causing the problem, so I tried it on Chrome.
    It opened straight away and played on full screen and no buffering, I've been watching a few series on my old site but it I must say it is much better with Netflix and Chrome and up to date as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast