Got a new rig (custom laptop) will it be enough for P3D v4 + addons?

FSXmarc

Hello all

So I decided to jump the pond and upgrade to P3D v4 and at the same time get myself an Origin EON15-X gaming laptop for $2280, here are the specs of the new rig.

Intel i7-7700K quad core @ 4.2 GHz (turbo boost to 4.5 GHz)

Nvidia GTX1070 with 8GB of VRAM

16GB of RAM @ 2400 MHz

1TB hard drive @ 7200RPM & 240GB SSD storage

It looks like a good rig and I've heard good things about it from other P3D users especially v4. I want to be able to run the FSL A320 with some payware scenery with decent settings and decent framerate (anything over 20 FPS is good for me).

I was thinking of getting alienware but it didn't have a desktop processor like Origin does and it was only 2.8 GHz, I can't believe they even put a thing like that in their laptops it's insane.

I got a laptop instead of a desktop due to the fact as a college student I travel a lot so a mobile platform is more suitable for me than a desktop.

Right now I have a Lenovo Y700

Intel i7-6700HQ @ 2.6 GHz

Nvidia GTX960M

8GB of RAM and 4GB of VRAM

Will my new rig be better than the old one? will I be able to enjoy P3D v4 with my Airbus?

Also heard that P3D v4 is a lot more optimized than v3 and it won't lag as much and is much more stable can anyone vouch that claim?

That rig should do just fine. Try to set it up with the LOWEST FPS you can get with the smoothest performance. Do NOT apply any of the FSX tweaks around. Most are already built in or not needed. My system isn't a laptop but I lock my frames at 20 and it's perfect.

When you first install it, P3D will use default settings. Try them for a while and then slowly increase them while you maintain smooth performance.

Enjoy!

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I'm only seeing the s option in the 15 inch screen. You sure you didn't mean EON17X?

If so, I'd recommend you check out Sager before you buy. You can get an 8700k 4g/5gturbo with the same rez screen, a 1070, 16gb of 3000mhz ram, and *two* 250 gig SSDs (one for p3d ;) ) plus the 1tb drive for about 60 bucks more than the EON17x with your specs (changing to the 8700k). And that's a 17 inch display with the same resolution as your pick.

Having owned Sagers since the mid 2000's - and the first one I bought is still running perfectly as my garage computer - I can attest that they're really well built and just don't die.

Archived