New 6-screen setup

Theunbal

I'm in the process of looking for a new PC to run FSX with 6 screens.

I got a quote for a custom built pc with an i5-7500 CPU, GTX1050 ti 4GB GPU and 8GB of DDR4 ram.

I will be using 20" screens running at resolutions of 1366x768 each more or less.

The GPU only supports 3 screens though and it does not support SLI.

Will an older card like a GTX750 be strong enough to run FSX? I realize i will have to get two to get to 6 screens.

i dont want to spend all the money on a new rig and then be disapointed in the performance using 6 screens.

I'm in the process of looking for a new PC to run FSX with 6 screens.

I got a quote for a custom built pc with an i5-7500 CPU, GTX1050 ti 4GB GPU and 8GB of DDR4 ram.

I will be using 20" screens running at resolutions of 1366x768 each more or less.

The GPU only supports 3 screens though and it does not support SLI.

Will an older card like a GTX750 be strong enough to run FSX? I realize i will have to get two to get to 6 screens.

i dont want to spend all the money on a new rig and then be disapointed in the performance using 6 screens.

Hi,

I recently moved to a 4 screen setup and my pc is struggling. I have 2 x 24inch (forward view) monitors and 2 x 10inch (instruments).

I've had to dial back my traffic and weather settings.

I have an i5 @3.8ghz and a gtx1070. Currently i am unable to fly in the uk where i have addon scenery unless i switch to a low detail aircraft.

I am no pc expert and this maybe something that i am able to sort out but my advice is to get lots of info before splashing your cash.

My forward views run at 4110x1080, what with that and the instruments it's a lot of rendering to do.

Good luck

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6 screens with that set-up. I think I would come up with another plan. From my personal experience with multiple displays I would either:

1. design a new rig with I-7 ready to be overclocked to over 4GHz and a matching GPU.

2 switch to X-plane or P3D which run on 64b and can take advantage of the GPU. FSX relies mostly on just the CPU.

3. Reduce your total number of displays.

I run 4 displays, 3 27" for my main view and a little 16" for gauges that run on a second PC. The best I could do with FSX across 3-displays was like in the sigle digits FPS while in P3D I can run them in the 20's-30's with a simple OC of 4.3 GHz.

Just a few suggestions.

Archived