ProxyTiles installation troubles

ComputerCraze

I've been looking for a 'tile-based' system similar to Ortho4XP for FSX and found something called TileProxy. Now I know this is an older system but installation instructions had been updated in 2015, and I'm more of a power user, so I thought it would be relatively simple. However, I was wrong. The issue with TileProxy is that it uses a driver, and obviously one that is unsigned (You have to go through Microsoft to get yours signed, and I don't think this is going to "fly"). In Windows 10, they have a system that prevents you from installing unsigned drivers for security purposes. The program that the instructions linked to is not on the Internet anymore, and the built-in "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" and another program, DSEFix, have all still brought me to the window that blocks the driver installation. I would really like to get this up and running, because as it is default ground textures look very unrealistic.

As a former TP user, I would suggest just moving on to FS Earth Tiles (FSET). I spent several enjoyable years getting 'full control' over TP under the XP OS. When I moved up to Win 7 and its problems with unsigned drivers I never even bothered to reinstall it. Dealing with water in TP is simpler but the massive file sizes of the finished TP textures is avoided in Earth Tiles because you only make a single final resolution. You can PM or email me for more info or we can continue the subject here publicly.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Archived