Slew Mode

usb777

Been setting up my control assignments and now out of the blue when I hit the Y button to go into slew mode the aircraft just starts moving right. I hit the 5 key to freeze it then everything is ok. I have deleted all of the slew assignments with my Saitek Joy Stick and the Pro Yoke the x,y,z axis so only the keyboard can be used any ideas on the cause?

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

I'd suspect chatter on the joystick right aileron axis, failing that a re-install of the drivers and a re-calibration of the axes.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

But I deleted all the joy stick slew assignments.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

If your joystick is 'chattering' on one axis (and most do!) your PC will still detect it as movement regardless of any config assignments in Windows, Saitek or FS9.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Maybe a calibration then would do it. It works so well at the moment in FSX I hate to try to many things as we all know Saitek controls are sensitive to say the least.

Mike G.

I've never had to disable my joystick before switching to slew mode. When your aircraft zooms off in slew mode it shows that the aircraft.cfg [contact_points] are not set up correctly. In slew mode the 'incorrect' static_cg_height raises the main gear just enough to make the sim 'think' you're airborne and activate the default cruise speed for that aircraft. It's one of the tests which FDE tweakers do to check that their [contact_points] are set up properly.

Now that is interesting. Maybe I should try with another aircraft.

Mike G.

I've never had to disable my joystick before switching to slew mode. When your aircraft zooms off in slew mode it shows that the aircraft.cfg [contact_points] are not set up correctly. In slew mode the 'incorrect' static_cg_height raises the main gear just enough to make the sim 'think' you're airborne and activate the default cruise speed for that aircraft. It's one of the tests which FDE tweakers do to check that their [contact_points] are set up properly.

Lucky you, then, but not so in my case - it does it with any of many aircraft I have. Others have experienced the same, too.

No doubt it depends on the joystick/yo-ke concerned. I think the OP should consider that an option, if he has the problem with more than one aircraft.

John

PS - if what you say is right, why would disabling the yo-ke make any difference when pressing "Y" to go into slue mode?

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Archived