Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Freeware Airbus 380s

Default Opinions on Freeware Airbus 380s

Hi All,

Looking for a reasonably good 380 , freeware. Any suggestions or opinions?

Thanks,
    Bill Mattson
    Mountain Air 1894

Airspeed, altitude and ideas, bad to run out of all three at the same time

Probably any of the Project Airbus A-380s would work. That's what I use. Keep in mind they will not have a VC. I found a pretty good 2D cockpit to use.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    Keep in mind they will not have a VC.
    Thomas Ruth made native FSX models of the PA A380, the “Multiplayer Models”.
    One can use these to merge with his A340 VC. That’s the combo I use for years now.
    So there could be better options in the meantime.

Wim

4. Default

The Project Airbus base packages & the Thomas Ruth A380 FSX multiplayer models are available from here.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bmatt569 View Post
    Hi All,

Looking for a reasonably good 380 , freeware. Any suggestions or opinions?

Thanks,
    Bill - Let me know when you find a freeware download that works for you! I find plenty selections, the PA downloads I have tried, usually you can tweek the aircraft.cfg to get the FSX selections to pull up, but not for me with the PA downloads! Tried another, an Andreas Meyer download, no luck there either, not with other websites either! I have had good luck with downloads all the way up to the A350, but the A380 just refuses to "dance with me!"

Thanks - Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Downwind66 View Post
    ...usually you can tweek the aircraft.cfg to get the FSX selections to pull up...
    Not sure what you mean by that.

Wim

7. Default

Win - Most downloads, the developer has inadvertently overlooked something that would prevent the aircraft from showing on the user's aircraft selection menu. Andreas Meyers is not the name of the manufacturer, but Boeing or Airbus might be! Special named textures not mentioned in the cfg file. Absence of Category=airplane.
    ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner" All and many more which might hinder the aircraft from appearing on the FSX aircraft menu

8. Default

Very few downloads have been "plug and play" Most take some effort on those who download!

A lot of aliased panels are used by most of these aircraft uploaders. Some folks like to delete default aircraft causing newly installed aircraft not to show.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

10. Default

MrZ - Don't know about the panels, but most of the freeware I can get to work, sometimes it's something simple, but these Airbus A380's, I checked that all the t's were crossed, i's were dotted, but I still could not get them to appear in the FSX aircraft selection menu! Granted, these freeware downloads weren't any of the huge 50-70 MB downloads, but they still should have worked?

I'll keep trying until I find one that works! - Rick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast