Thread: Anyone still using FS2002???

Ii live on venus where we cook eggs on our heads.

Default Anyone still using FS2002???

The title says it all, anyone still running this dinosaur? Just wondering if i'm not alone.

Sent via 2 tin cans & a string (My pc)

2. Default

Yep. FS2002 still gives me what I want from a flight sim and works really well on a modern desktop and OS.

Glad to see someone still using it. I'm thinking about upgrading to FSX and getting a new pc, my eyes are at their knees. Just wondering, what hardware are you using? (Joysticks, yokes, etc...) I have a cyborg 3d gold joystick, saitek x52 throttle, and a ch products yoke. the yoke is sorta a funny story... It's from a thrift store for $14

4. Default

Yokes can be a funny thing. For the folks who like them, I understand why. They're great if you have a dedicated "station" in a game room and you're only flying one type of aircraft. Otherwise, yokes can get in the way in a hurry if you use your PC for multiple tasks. If you have your PC set up in a common living area of your house or apt, yokes can provoke a "Oh jeez, one of those guys.." look from a guest or else they emit a "Go ahead, play with me and try to break me" pheromone that some visitors just can not resist.

I've been using a Logitech 3D Pro stick-and-throttle for quite a while. Its sturdy and it does the job without getting in the way. When I'm not running FS, its easy to move it out of the way.

"using a Logitech 3D Pro stick-and-throttle for quite a while..." Nice, I've felt one of those before. But it feels a bit too, eh... stiff for me. I like my cyborg 3d gold because of the way the spring feels, like if you pull it to a certain degree, it's light spring makes it easy to stay in that position. Same with my Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2, I can't see any springs, but it has (had?) an easy "pull-and-stay" thingy to it. What happened with it is it fell (okay, fine, I dropped it...) on carpet and the old, brittle plastic broke on the "neck" (near the base). rip.
    and the yoke... yeah, it's hard to "hide" it from possible damage. I usually keep it back in a closet or a storage room to avoid it being broke like the sidewinder.