Trim on default baron 58

John E B

Look right above the gear indicator lights. There is an indicator that says Pitch Trim. Set that, using the wheel to move the indicator mark up and down.

Does that help?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

My deepest apologies!

I made a false presumption that it was FSX for some reason. I really need to check the forum at the beginning of the post before I open my mouth. Or at least my fingers :D

Now that I've looked at yours, though, may I ask a question? I see a mark on the inside of the pitch trim wheel. And one on the wheel it's self. Do they move relative to each other? If they do, could it be that lining them up together somehow sets the correct pitch trim for take-off, as you desire? Or does that inner mark move a certain distance for each complete turn of the pitch trim wheel, so positioning it at some point is the correct pitch trim for take off?

Or is it possible that rotating the wheel a certain number of rotations, using the two marks as a reference, is the correct trim for take-off?

Since I so adroitly stuffed my foot in my mouth, I'm throwing out possibilities, is all.

I do apologize again...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

• 4 years later...
I have the updated X-plane & still have issues with the trim setting. I have set mine up on the joystick, both up & down using 2 buttons one for each. It usually works well but lately had an issue with combining the trim with the autopilot. As I'm sure you know, when changing the trim while in autopilot the autopilot will turn off & requires resetting, along with whatever else is in autopilot, hdg, alt etc.. Still working on it.

Hi.

What Version B58, what display resolution... and XP do you have?

I run in 4K 11.55.Rc1 with the B58 version below, see pic, I have an indicator, typically for TO is around Up 3.

P acf/_file_writer_version 113601

B58Trims12.jpg