AI flies route but refuses to land

Hossfly68

I'm using FSX Deluxe and have been trying to learn how to design AI flights. All seemed to be going well until I watched my AI fly towards the airport then just keep going. There are parking spots, there's ATC at the airport. I rebuilt the plan and sent the plane to a new airport. Same thing. What am I missing? I'm pretty sure my AI hasn't been hijacked, but I'm at a loss as to why they don't land.

I even started all over and bult a plan where it would take off from KBFM (Mobile Downtown)and fly to KMOB (Mobile Regional) which is only 10miles away. Took off great, never turned, flew north toward Tennessee. IFR or VFR doesn't matter. Any hints?

Tried with the stock Dc-3.. engine sound also came and went with that one

Tried it with the FS9 version of Dee Waldron's Martin 404..

Try a flightplan only from KBFM to KBFM, maybe this work. About 20 minutes the airplan should be back. Do you work with AIFP?

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

You could do it for instance with my attachment. Maybe you have to substitute the aircraft with your aircraft. The airport is the stockairport and OK.

In my case the 172 needed 35 minutes and landed safely.

Aircraft_KBFM.txt

Airports_KBFM.txt

FlightPlans_KBFM.txt

If you make the starting airport the destination airport and vice versa, does the plane then take off ok? If so then it seems the airport is functional; most reasons for not landing that are airport-related are 1) parking space not big enough, 2) runway not actually connected by taxiways to parking. The other reason is aircraft related, in that planes designed to be flown do not all function as ai planes, and over-flying in a straight line is typical behaviour in this case. Try a plane that was made to be used as ai.

Tried it again last night using the stock 172 and a downloaded 182. One launched from MOB and one from BFM. One IFR, and one VFR. Both worked flawlessly. Tried it again with a couple of 404's, set up the same way. They flew away, out of viewing range. A few minutes later one was parked right next to me at KBFM. Just appeared at it's assigned arrival time. I can only assume the planes are off in some way for FSX since they were originally designed for 2002,modified for 2004, and adapted for FSX.

I just need an FSX native Martin 404!

I just need an FSX native Martin 404!

I don't know if there is a FSX native 404.

I used the ai404 from Calclassic and it works perfectly with my flightplan.

I have installed SWK and so I can follow the aircraft with the traffic toolbox > traffic explorer from start to landing.

404.jpg

Sorry I made a mistake. I meant "SDK" from fsdeveloper.com. The Software Development Kit (SDK) is a set of development tools which allow you to develop, create or modify content for the simulation.

If installed correctly, I should have a "Tools" heading in the menu? I removed, reinstalled, and ran the SDK config.exe file, but I'm not showing that option. I feel like a total rookie again. I was pretty good at fiddling around with FS5 years ago. FSX is a whole new ballgame to me since I got a computer that'll actually run it decently enough.

update: haven't figured out how to get the SDK Traffic Tools thing to work yet, but listened to the ATC instructions to my Martins. they were repeatedly told to turn and to expedite their turns. they ignored instructions. I'm afraid I may have dual hijackings occurring!

The installation of SDK especially the tools menu sometimes is a bit tricky. There is a manual for such problems at developer.com.

ATC I never used so I can't say why the aircrafts ignore the instructions. If you are using the stockairports (no addons) the flights have to be OK!?

I had it working as AI before, just in 2004, or 2000, or FS98, or maybe FS5.. or I had this one, or another one. So many different versions of the program and of the planes over the years that I forget things. Like I said, I didn't realize that there were seperate models to it. But I appreciate all the help from everybody who replied.

Archived