Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AI flies route but refuses to land

1. Default AI flies route but refuses to land

I'm using FSX Deluxe and have been trying to learn how to design AI flights. All seemed to be going well until I watched my AI fly towards the airport then just keep going. There are parking spots, there's ATC at the airport. I rebuilt the plan and sent the plane to a new airport. Same thing. What am I missing? I'm pretty sure my AI hasn't been hijacked, but I'm at a loss as to why they don't land.
    I even started all over and bult a plan where it would take off from KBFM (Mobile Downtown)and fly to KMOB (Mobile Regional) which is only 10miles away. Took off great, never turned, flew north toward Tennessee. IFR or VFR doesn't matter. Any hints?

Tried with the stock Dc-3.. engine sound also came and went with that one
    Tried it with the FS9 version of Dee Waldron's Martin 404..

2. Default

Just ahint would be good

Try a flightplan only from KBFM to KBFM, maybe this work. About 20 minutes the airplan should be back. Do you work with AIFP?
    happy landings! Christian
    Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB
    MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;
    WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

4. Default

I hadn't thught about takeoff and departure at the same airport. I'll try. Yes, using AIFP..

You could do it for instance with my attachment. Maybe you have to substitute the aircraft with your aircraft. The airport is the stockairport and OK.

In my case the 172 needed 35 minutes and landed safely.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Flattermann; 11-10-2017 at 07:13 AM.

If you make the starting airport the destination airport and vice versa, does the plane then take off ok? If so then it seems the airport is functional; most reasons for not landing that are airport-related are 1) parking space not big enough, 2) runway not actually connected by taxiways to parking. The other reason is aircraft related, in that planes designed to be flown do not all function as ai planes, and over-flying in a straight line is typical behaviour in this case. Try a plane that was made to be used as ai.

IMO you could learn something by eavesdropping the tower-AI aircraft communication, as some god-knows-what trigger apparently doesn't occur.

Wim

8. Default

Tried it again last night using the stock 172 and a downloaded 182. One launched from MOB and one from BFM. One IFR, and one VFR. Both worked flawlessly. Tried it again with a couple of 404's, set up the same way. They flew away, out of viewing range. A few minutes later one was parked right next to me at KBFM. Just appeared at it's assigned arrival time. I can only assume the planes are off in some way for FSX since they were originally designed for 2002,modified for 2004, and adapted for FSX.
    I just need an FSX native Martin 404!

Quote Originally Posted by Hossfly68 View Post
    I just need an FSX native Martin 404!
    I don't know if there is a FSX native 404.
    I used the ai404 from Calclassic and it works perfectly with my flightplan.
    I have installed SWK and so I can follow the aircraft with the traffic toolbox > traffic explorer from start to landing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	404.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	339.9 KB 
ID:	200156  

10. Default

That's where I got the 404 that I'm using. Hmm, maybe I need an updated update to it?
    What's SWK? Gonna go look for it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast