Tecnam P2006T loading

twister18

Hi

I have the Tecnam P2006T twin engine aircraft. Mine loads with one or both engines not running.

With FSX, I find that normally using CTRL+E will start one engine and then using CTRL+E again, will start a second engine.

With my P2006T the first CTRL+E does start one engine but the second CTRL+E has no effect. I've tried loading another twin engine aircraft with both engines running and then changing to the P2006T. The P2006T does then start with both engines running but then they immediately shut down i.e. using the above double CTRL+E procedure will only start one engine. Any way around this I wonder?

But what I would really like is for my FSX to return to the situation that was always the case with me, i.e., when I load an aircraft, it was loaded with the engines running. This was always the case with my flight sim. But for some reason, some aircraft that originally started with the engines running, now do not. I do not want to have to go through a cold and dark startup.

But what I would really like is for my FSX to return to the situation that was always the case with me, i.e., when I load an aircraft, it was loaded with the engines running. This was always the case with my flight sim. But for some reason, some aircraft that originally started with the engines running, now do not. I do not want to have to go through a cold and dark startup.

Start them, then save that flight.

Look in your FSX.cfg under [uSERINTERFACE] for the line:

situation= (This describes your default flight) What does yours say? If you delete all of the wording for that line, after situation=, and restart FSX, you should be back to all engines running.

Some payware aircraft do not respond well to the way default flights are set up. You may have to go by the manual for your aircraft's proper starting procedures.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

yes, you delete that part of the line.

you close the file and save. Make sure the file is saved as fsx.cfg

If it gets saved as FSX.cfg.txt by mistake somehow, change the filename afterwards to fsx.cfg (by deleting the .txt part of the filename.)

Then start fsx.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not too confident. So I do the following:

I have the folder fsx.CFG displayed

I delete part of the line situation=

I click file at the top and choose Save As

"AppData>Roaming>Microsoft>FSX"

with file name "fsx.CFG"

Save

Load FSX

Is that it?

Regrettably, although this seemed to work initially, subsequent loading of FSX still had the problem.

Other twin engine aircraft are OK. Indeed, if I load another twin engine aircraft (both engines will be running) and then from "select aircraft" select the P2006T, it will appear with both engines running but then the engines will stop. Trying CTRL+E will only start one engine.

I think I will abandon using the P2006T but thanks again for the interest in my problem.

Regrettably, although this seemed to work initially, subsequent loading of FSX still had the problem.

Other twin engine aircraft are OK. Indeed, if I load another twin engine aircraft (both engines will be running) and then from "select aircraft" select the P2006T, it will appear with both engines running but then the engines will stop. Trying CTRL+E will only start one engine.

I think I will abandon using the P2006T but thanks again for the interest in my problem.

Keep in mind that payware aircraft don't always follow the rules in FSX. Have you checked out your manual for this aircraft in regards to engine start?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Keep in mind that payware aircraft don't always follow the rules in FSX. Have you check out your manual for this aircraft in regards to engine start?

+1.

There happens to be a demo version, which I just installed.

Engine startup is pretty simple, as explained in the manual "P2006T Checklists".

Also found out that, if you first put the fuel selectors to anything but OFF, and you push both chokes all the way down, you can start both engines with E.

When loading the aircraft, the fuel selectors default to OFF, so IMO there's no way to save this aircraft with the engines running (even not inflight).

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Archived