Repaint Problems

Random_Flyer66

I am currently trying to repaint the project opensky a330-200 model into fiji airway colors. I finished the painting and saved them as dxt 3 bmps. When I try them in fs9 I encountered 2 problems.

Firstly, the shine does not apply for the sections I painted. Which format should I save them as in order to keep the shine.

Screenshot (3).jpg

Secondly, there are some blue parts and I cannot seem to fix them. What should I do?

Screenshot (4).jpg

As for the shine issue, the shine is controlled by an alpha channel of the bitmap, do the original textures have an alpha channel included? if you are using DXTbmp you can check whether the original texture is using one & if it is then save the alpha channel (it will save as a seperate texture file) then you can import it into your new texture & then save as an extended bmp in either DXT3 with alpha or 32bit 888-8 format.

Check your texture sheet for any blue colour that matches the blue on your aircraft, it looks like it is near the edges of the painted fuselage area.

As for the shine issue, the shine is controlled by an alpha channel of the bitmap, do the original textures have an alpha channel included? if you are using DXTbmp you can check whether the original texture is using one & if it is then save the alpha channel (it will save as a seperate texture file) then you can import it into your new texture & then save as an extended bmp in either DXT3 with alpha or 32bit 888-8 format.

Check your texture sheet for any blue colour that matches the blue on your aircraft, it looks like it is near the edges of the painted fuselage area.

Interestingly, the area with shine, Mid fuselage does not have an alpha channel.

Screenshot (5).png

I think I have shine on my aircraft is because of an addon I downloaded that adds shine to all aircraft. I think I may have to copy the logo and just put a window layer over the logo. Is there any easier way?

In addition, I don't see any other blue colors in the front fuselage area.

Screenshot (6).png

It looks to me that the texture you have loaded in DXTbmp has an alpha, if it had no alpha the alpha channel window would be pure white & not gray, try exporting the alpha & importing to your new texture.

I have also noticed that you have "include when saving" selected in the mipmaps tab, I would advise you to unselect this as it can cause the textures to appear blurry.

It looks like the blue paint on top of the fuselage eminates from the right fuselage section, make sure there is no blue between the white paint at the top of the fuselage & the edge of the texture sheet, even a line of one pixel width will look a lot bigger because of the way the fuselage was mapped, everything at the top gets stretched also the blue paint on the right side of the nose is due to the fact that there is a gap between the white paint & the edge of the texture sheet, so paint right to the edge of the texture sheet.

Archived