CLS a330 & a340 descent rate problem

Cloudrunner

Hi guys. Does anyone know how to rectify the descent rate in Commercial Level Simulations aircraft that seems to have become fixed at 600-700 fpm? (I see there was a post about this from someone else way back in 2008 but no one replied to it.) I have used CLS planes for ages without a problem, but now that I have done a complete re-installation, I am picking up this weird glitch. I have tried altering the value of the default vertical speed in the aircraft cfg file, and I have tried changing it manually on the autopilot console during the flight, but it still will only go to around 700fpm. Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if I am reading your post incorrectly, but here is what I have experienced with the Airbus line of aircraft. When making a descent from a higher altitude, it is hard to get the descent you want with higher airspeeds. It's not like you can just dump the flaps if you are not within the acceptable airspeeds limits of those flaps. I have had to resort to using the spoilers to get the airspeeds down to where you can utilize those flaps and thereby get the descent rate you are looking for! I guess the fixed 600-700 fpm were used by developers to keep the imaginery passengers from getting airsick?

Somehow, I do not have this problem with the Boeing line of aircraft, but I do with most of the Airbus!

Again, sorry, if this post was mis-interpreted! - Good luck - Rick

Found this in another forum which clarifies Airbus terminology:

I fly airbus and these definitons are straight out of airbus manuals. in the begining you should know that the surface that controls everything is called spoilers. In the air spoiler deflection will be called speed brakes used to slow down the aircraft speed or to incrase rate of descent. On the ground it will be called ground spoilers. It will kill lift. Its basic aerodynamic but diff words – Hmb Nov 2 '15 at 18:42

Just wanted to clear that, I know someone would have said that I wasn't politically correct! LOL!

Again, hope this helps, but it may not be what you were looking for in the first place!

Rick

Hi Rick. Thanks for the reply. I understand what you say, and I have reduced speeds, used airbrakes etc. But that isn't really the thing. The odd bit about it all is that the vertical speed could be adjusted before, but since the re-install that I did, I don't seem to be able to change the actual descent rate. It changes on the gauge when I make the adjustment to the autopilot console, but the Primary Flight Display indicates that it is only descending at no more than 700fpm. I wrote to the CLS developers and they wrote back saying that I need to adjust the trim on the aircraft control surfaces. Not sure the guy really read my email properly! It's a puzzle.

Sorry, I just re-read your original post and you have already checked the default vertical speed in the aircraft cfg file!

You never said, have default and/or other add/on aircraft also been effected since the re-install? If those still fly properly even after the reinstall, then it's only the A330/340 that needs to be addressed. Do you still have a zip file or something that you originally downloaded these from where maybe you could possibly reinstall those CLS aircraft? Just a suggestion?

I don't think I will be able to help much more. I think you are using FS9 which I have moved on to

FSX long ago. I opened my FS9 this afternoon and to be honest I would have to have a refresher class to be able to fly within that program now. I will stick with my FSX.

Anyway, good luck, I hope someone comes along to help! - Rick

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks Rick. Just to answer your question, the problem was just with the CLS aircraft. I have managed to get the preferred vertical speed to work by re-clicking the altitude button on the autopilot console. It's the best I can do to get things to operate like before. I like your suggestion about reinstalling the CLS files directly from Just Flight where I bought them, rather than from the zip file I saved. Perhaps there was a corrupted file in there. I'll give it a try. Thanks

Archived