Enjoying, but annoyed... Reactivating every day?

Timberleaf

I am a recent buyer of X-plane 11. I am just three days into the purchase. The night textures are my personal favorite, thus far.

Problem: Why do I have to keep activating the X-plane software every day that I run the program?

Yes, I am running in Admin. Yes, it accepts my authorization code, and activates for FULL use. What I noticed... I delete my Temp files, cookies, etc., every day. Is THIS the reason why I can't keep X-plane ACTIVATED?

Problem: How many times will I be permitted to activate the software before I am locked out because of this process (i.e. too many activations... exceeded permitted number)?

I bought the program directly from the X-plane.com website.

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

"One woman's chop is another man's turbulence"

I Have the disk version and it asks me every now and then to put the disk in, then I don't get asked for a while then it asks again.

I take it you have the downloaded version that has a code, if you don't get an aswer go to x-plane.org and look on the forum and/or ask there.

I also have the download version from LR. The 'unlock X-Plane' box comes up occasionally, but this is not a problem as it already contains my code and I just need to click 'send' (or whatever) to get it confirmed. LR says this will happen occasionally, so there should not be a limit as to the number of times (or OMG what a rooster-up that would be). But I don't need to do this every day, so it may well have to do with you deleting mentioned files.

David

^^:cool:^^

´´´\/```

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 48GB RAM, RTX 2070S, 2x1TB Nvme SSD. FSX Gold, XP-11, MSFS.

Archived