Adding a Sound File for an Aircraft

Ike Kant

I just downloaded Flysimware's Cessna 120 into my P3dv3.1 and got no a/c sounds. Looking at their website I found the following:

Default Sound (P3D USERS NEED TO POINT THE SOUND CFG TO ANOTHER AIRCRAFT OR FIND A SOUND SET)

Fine but exactly how does one do this? They gave no explanation.

Too much of a good thing can be wonderful. - Mae West

Go to the plane that needs the sound file's \sound folder. Like Cessna120\sound, just for example. Open a file in that folder named sound.cfg with NotePad, NOT a word processor.

In the file just type out the following:

[fltsim]

alias=Grumman_Goose_G21A\sound

Just for example. You want to choose a plane which you know the sound works in, and in this example, is in the same P3D folder. Like if you have P3D\Airplanes\Cessna175, and you want to use that plane's sound, change the line

Ailias=

to read

Alias=Cessna175\sound

again, just an example. Use the folder name of a plane that has similar sounds to what you want the C120 to sound like.

If you want to use a plane in a different folder, like P3D\PropJobs\Cessna175, for example, it get's a little more complicated. If you want to do that let me know, and I'll give you an example.

Does this help?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I used "copy file location" for my Carenado C172II sound folder and voila - the C120 sounds great. It was necessary to rename the old sound.cfg and create a new one in another folder then copy it to the C120 Sound folder. Thanks much.

What a relief. I just love the old classic planes. In fact, I sat in the cockpit of a 1946 Cessna 140 the other day. It's basically a 120 with flaps and electrics.

Too much of a good thing can be wonderful. - Mae West

Archived