Suggestion: Width of advanced post.

il88pp

Suggestion: Width of advanced post.

I was thinking. Often I type in the small box. Text scrolls out the box, so I don't involuntarily re-read and correct it. I post, and see all my spelling mistakes.

I try to make a mental note of where the 4 or 5 errors are in the text.

I then edit, but in the small box, slightly narrower, with lines shorter, I can't find the mistakes any more. They have "moved" in the text.

I then click "advanced, but same thing happens.

And when I click, "preview post", the text is very wide. Making what was a 5 line paragraph into 2 long lines.

My suggestion would be: make the "preview box narrower". Eithe by putting the adds column next to it (can't believe I'm saying that), or by putting a bland coloured rectangle of the same width next to it.

One issue I suppose. The full width preview is good for the "Flight Simulator Screenshots Forum". That Forum appears as full width, so a preview at full width is good in that case.

But for text. Not so much.

Good idea??

il88pp.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Withdrawn.

I just realised that if the "advanced editing previem page" width is the same as the forum and it has ads also you would think you already sent it.

You could well click "back" by mistake, loosing the edits. (alreay happens now sometimes).

Suggestion withdrawn.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived