What flight SIM to buy?

SimplPrimate

I posted a post about Virtual Pilot 3D and in conjunction with that I thought I would also get an idea of what is the best flight simulator to buy if I do not buy that one.

There are a ton of them out there and it looks like FSX is still the most popular, and on Steam there are several packages someone can buy, from the standard FSX Steam Edition to the Premium and Monster Mission editions. Along with this it seems there are a ton of paid addons, over 200 of them adding up to a total of over $3,000 if someone wanted to buy all of it. That seems a bit over the top.

So what is the best one to buy?

I want one that has realistic aircraft with realistic toggles and buttons, switches, etc and plenty of airports to land at and scenery to look at to keep it fun and interesting.

Along with this, having helpful tutorials and missions to complete to help to learn the system and get back into this world of flight sims is a huge bonus.

I have about $160 to maybe $200 to spend and would like to get the most "bank for my buck".

Thanks for your helpful information!

Sam

HP Omen Gaming Laptop - Windows 10 - Intel i7-7700HQ @ 2.8GHz - 8GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti - HP - Pavilion 32" LED QHD Monitor in 2K

Logitech Freedom 2.4 Cordless Joystick - Razr Deathadder Elite - Razr Chroma Tournament Edition

• Founder

Since you're just starting out, I'd suggest you start simple. Just buy the basic FSX: Steam Edition. This should only cost you $20 or less and it includes enough planes, scenery, lessons, etc. to keep you busy for a very long time. Then, add things to it one at a time as you find things that interest you.

Please note that most add-ons for FSX at not available on Steam; the 200 you saw there is just the tip of the iceberg. But also note there are thousands of free add-ons that you can download from our file library here.

Thanks, I bought FSX on Steam a bit ago, I am currently trying to take off from KBOI to fly to Reno in an Airbus passenger liner just for giggles, we will all just be glad I am not a real pilot flying real people and leave it at that :D

Logitech Freedom 2.4 Cordless Joystick - Razr Deathadder Elite - Razr Chroma Tournament Edition

Well I bought FSX and XPlane 11 to try both and see which I like best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived