Blackburn Beverley Joystick/keyboard flaps inoperative

michaeljulian

I am going to answer my own question partly. I did a reset to the joystick and the stick now works but still no flaps. There are no flaps from the keyboard either. I then started FS9 and flew the default Cessna. After checking that the joystick and keyboard was working I selected the Beverley. Still no flaps and no keyboard input either. Weird. Any suggestions?

I am going to answer my own question partly. I did a reset to the joystick and the stick now works but still no flaps. There are no flaps from the keyboard either. I then started FS9 and flew the default Cessna. After checking that the joystick and keyboard was working I selected the Beverley. Still no flaps and no keyboard input either. Weird. Any suggestions?

Where did the Beverley come from? Link or filename.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

If you're using the Beverley in bevpt1.zip. bevpt2.zip and bevpt3.zip from the library here, this model is for FS2002 and needs updating to FS2004. There's an FS2004 version of it here in Tradewind Alaska livery: http://www.tradewind.org/files/oldfleet/TA_B101forFS.zip

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

It was the Bev1,Bev2,Bev 3 that worked perfectly in Windows 7. The elevator works and the joystick also.It is just the flaps that will not respond to joystick keyboard keys or F5 to F8. Everything else is fine. I can therefore do a flapless take off and a flapless landing but very difficult to do well.

• 1 year later...
Problem solved. I went into the aircraft cfg file and under FLAPS changed the system type from 1 to 0. Then saved it. Works fine now.

Thanks Michael, you pointed me in the right direction :pilot:

Mine wasn't until i changed as shown:)

[Flaps.0]

type= 1

span-outboard= 0.500

extending-time= 15.000

system_type= 0

Archived