Saving .cfg changes

peter46

Before a disastrous Windows 10 update, changing aircraft and panel config files was easy. I amended the file, saved it in documents as a .cfg file, and reloaded it into FSX. Now, it will only save as a .txt file, which is no use at all. Any ideas for a workaround? Thanks

Either rename manually after saving, from:

xxx.cfg.txt

to

xxx.cfg

Or

simply use "save" instead of "save as"

Or

when using "save as", in the box below the filename, instead of "text documents" select the option "All Filetypes".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Before a disastrous Windows 10 update, changing aircraft and panel config files was easy. I amended the file, saved it in documents as a .cfg file, and reloaded it into FSX. Now, it will only save as a .txt file, which is no use at all. Any ideas for a workaround? Thanks

I managed around this issue saving the file to another folder, then, with the file explorer, moving it to the fsx folder, answering lots of "are you sure?" And "you should have admin rights for that. Confirm?"

That's how I am doing. I hope it works for you.

Enviado de meu Moto G (5) Plus usando Tapatalk

Did you install FSX in the C:\Program Files folders?

If so, that's the root of your issue.

However, if you first open Notepad as Administer, then open the file, you should be able to get around it.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Archived