AIRPORT FLICKERING AND HESITATION --> New fast computer build but still hesitation

TheFiles

Hello,

Im using FsDreamTeam LAX and I have a few issues:

1. When im about 1000 feet(estimation) or more the airport ground textures flicker like crazy. Im not sure what do do and how to fix this. I do not have DX10 preview enabled and AA is off.

2. I have random lag spikes that occur every few seconds(they last for about a half-second or so) and My plane stops motion entirely, but the sound continues as usual.

I'm not sure what to do, I tried to delete my FSX.CFG and restart fsx, didnt do anything. I just recently did an entire new build, and here are my specs:

CPU - intel i5-7600k Factory clock 3.8GHZ, overclocking to 4.5Ghz

Cooling Tower - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO

RAM - 2x8GB DDR4 2400mhz corsair

Graphics card - Radeon RxX 460 Dual Fan with 5% GPU overclock

SSD - SK Hynix Inc. SK Hynix SL308 2.5" 250GB SATA

PSU - Thermaltake Smart 700W

Case - Thermaltake view 31

My FPS is great, running stable around 30 fps. The lag spikes really do kill the whole thing as well as the flickering scenery. HEELLLPP:mad::mad::mad:

Hello,

So i fixed my hesitation problem :). It was a simple fix by simply having windows update the video card driver via device manager.

The runway problem was not fixed however.

The CPU clock was fine; I tried it at 4.2 Ghz and the runways still were blurred

I changed the clock back to 4.5 for higher performance.

I'm not too sure what to do about the runways, Help.

Normally, the "spikes", also called artifacts, are caused by the graphics card not being able to handle the data it gets from the CPU quickly enough.

I don't know how fast our Radeon card is, bit I have an Intel i7 7700 CPU, running at 4.2 GHz, and my nVidia GTX960 gave me spikes at complex airports until I entered some buffers in FSX.CFG.

You might want to have a look at Kosta's tweaking guide, which is attached as a sticky at the top of this forum.

Jorgen

Deleting fsx.cfg does noting? seems strange....

Ar you sure you did not delete fsx.cfg.txt by mistake? that file is pointless.

If windows is set to "hide extensions for known file types" the extension .txt will not show.

That means both files look like "fsx.cfg" but one is actually fsx.cfg.txt

Set windows to Not "hide extensions for known file types"

open any folder

click "organize"

click "folder and search options"

click the "View" tab,

and deselect the: "hide extensions for known file types"

click ok.

(Just in case you want to try deleting it later. I'm not saying you should delete it now.)

Changing the setting in "Folder and Search Options" is a good idea anyway. It helps make sense of what's what.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If - I will repeat IF - this is a DirectX issue, the fix is to go to Microsoft's website, and download and install something called the DirectX Redistributables. It's free.

Does some enlightened soul in the audience know how a Radeon RxX 460 compares to the nVidia cards, and which is its closest equivalent?

And, what is the version of Windows here? Is it fully updated?

Jorgen

Thanks for this tip, il. It looks like this Radeon card is slower (rated by GPUBoss at 7) than the nVidia GT 750 TI (rated at 7.6),

With this and his clock rate in mind, the OP definitely needs to check out Kosta's tweaks, and apply some buffers.

Jorgen

Edit: if the OP's budget allows, a nVidia card in the GTX 1000 series would be a good investment. In my own budget somewhere, yet to be approved by my financial authority (read: wife!) is a GTX 1080TI..... one can always wish....

Archived