JoyStick Liftoff Problem

twister18

I have always used a MS SideWinder Pro Joystick for flying in FSX but now I am having a problem when trying to takeoff.

Pulling back on the stick does not now let the aircraft takeoff. I can only get takeoff by trimming hard on the elevator while pulling back on the stick.

I get the same problem when using the keyboard keys for pullback (Num 2 & Num 8)

Looking at the elevator surfaces from the rear, on the ground, these surfaces do not seem to be delecting alot, with either the stick or the key strokes.

Can anyone help me?

This is happening on all aircraft, both default and 3rd party? Without doing anything too drastic, have you tried copying your FSX.cfg and place it somewhere safe, then delete the original and let the Sim create a new one? That should eliminate settings, default flight, etc from causing the problem.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I assume that

A. This is occurring with a particular aircraft and not all?

B. This is happen when using a specific saved flight?

Make sure that you haven't inadvertently engaged any of the autopilot functions, either by checking the switch settings in the cockpit or by simply pressing Z once - Z is the default key assignment to switch the autopilot master switch on and off. Other useful autopilot related key combos are Ctrl+N (Nav on/off), Ctrl+Z (Alt hold on/off) and Ctrl+R or Ctrl+M (Speed hold on/off - the first in Kts and second as Mach).

Regards

Brian

I have always used a MS SideWinder Pro Joystick for flying in FSX but now I am having a problem when trying to takeoff.

Pulling back on the stick does not now let the aircraft takeoff. I can only get takeoff by trimming hard on the elevator while pulling back on the stick.

I get the same problem when using the keyboard keys for pullback (Num 2 & Num 8)

Looking at the elevator surfaces from the rear, on the ground, these surfaces do not seem to be delecting alot, with either the stick or the key strokes.

Can anyone help me?

Your startup flight has the autopilot on while on the ground. Solution: Turn OFF the autopilot or CHANGE the startup flight

Check your elevator trim as it will be full nose down.

Thanks. It's happening on all aircraft, default and 3rd party.

To follow your suggestion I would need help to go into the FSX program.

I'm on Windows 8.1 with FSX on the D drive. Where do I find FSX.cfg ? If do I find it, after copying FSX.cfg, placing it somewhere safe and then deleting the original, how does the Sim create a new one? What happens to all the addons I have like scenery and aircraft?

Hi Raymond,

Glad to have been of help.

WRT your Q about the location of the FSX.cfg etc.......

It is located outside of the FSX at:

C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX.

This is just one location outside of the main FSX folder that has FSX related files - others being C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX and C:\Users\\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files - and they are placed here by default irrespective of the location of the main FSX folder (i.e. they need to be where they are located and their location cannot be changed).

As to how the sim creates a new one - simply put when you click on the FSX.exe file it runs/reads a number of processes/files to enable it to load FSX. One such file is the FSX.cfg file and if the sim can't find it, it simply builds as new file based on what it finds within the sim folder and various other files . It has no effect on addons, scenery etc.

Regards

Brian

Archived