Error: P3D.exe doesn't work anymore.

Hansonius

Hi,

I started P3Dv3 today as admin , it starts loading the default flight and as soon as it reaches 100% I get the message: P3D.exe doesn't work anymore. P3D is switched off.

All that changed on my Win10/64 system was a Windows update, a security update for Adobe Flash Player on 21/10. But I suppose that has nothing to do with this problem.

Any idea what might cause this?

Hans

Hi,

I started P3Dv3 today as admin , it starts loading the default flight and as soon as it reaches 100% I get the message: P3D.exe doesn't work anymore. P3D is switched off.

All that changed on my Win10/64 system was a Windows update, a security update for Adobe Flash Player on 21/10. But I suppose that has nothing to do with this problem.

Hans

That has EVERYTHING to do with the problem:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=126667

Remove Windows update KB4038788

NB: This does NOT affect P3Dv4 users.

Hi,

Hans

Are you using fsuipc /widefs ?

Sent fra min GT-I9506 via Tapatalk

Hi, Yes in the meanwhile I also found out that it has to do with the Windows update KB4038788. I have got the MS program "wushowhide" that should block the update.

Tomorrow I going to try to fix it.

thanks for the reply/info.

Hans

No need to fix anything. Just remove that update. It will be fixed in November with the next windows monthly update.

Archived